photoshop skin painting help please

spongeboblloydy

ive just finished painting a few hotrods and i didnt find it too hard but ive just tryed doin a banger but i dont know how to do it because when i try paint it it doesnt fully colour it it like clours it in jagerdy bits lol.

anyone got a good skin painting guide for photoshop or any good advice??

cheers lloydy

also can you tell me how to create like that cool writing uyou see on other peoples skins that looks bit liek grafiti?

Edited by spongeboblloydy

ive just finished painting a few hotrods and i didnt find it too hard but ive just tryed doin a banger but i dont know how to do it because when i try paint it it doesnt fully colour it it like clours it in jagerdy bits lol.

cheers lloydy

also can you tell me how to create like that cool writing uyou see on other peoples skins that looks bit liek grafiti?

First goto image, adjustments then Hue/saturation like so

cheers lloydy

Ok this was trickey for me first time to lol, well first of all goto Image, Adjustments then Hue/Saturation like so.

[attachmentid=14966]

Once you have opened that you should end up with a window like this, toggle bars to get what color you wish to you remember ALWAYS SAVE THE COLOR! or you will stuggle to find it again

[attachmentid=14967]

and for the sign writing it just takes practice i would recomend you asked somone to do it for you if you want it lookin very nice and just practice

[attachmentid=14968]

:thumbs_up: KC#64 :thumbs_up:

post-470-1176266861_thumb.jpg

post-470-1176267117_thumb.jpg

post-470-1176267275_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiddicooter

or just take all the colour out of the car panels and then create another layer above the panels and change setting of layer to ' Overlay ' instead of normal and then just paint it like you would a hotrod.

Thats the best way IMO, because if you put your sign layers underneath the Overlay duplicate then the detail effects your signs for a more realistic look.

Cheers

Kruiz

I think it looks best if you merge your signs onto the Overlay before putting the skin in the game. That way, the body details tend to show through the signs, and you don't need to reduce their opacity.

Why merge anything at all?

Just paint everything, paintscheme, signs, decals etc on seperate layers under your shading "overlay" layer which leaves everything editable and will give you shading on everything. Then simply adjust the "levels" of the overlay layer to suit or do as I do and dublicate one as a "screen" layer and use the original as a "multiply" layer adjusting levels to suit as before.

On the sudject of shading:

Something I have noticed recently while I've been looking through templates is that most don't have the highlights across the bonnet/roof/boot where the panels are in the horizontal plane to match the shade at the top of the vertical wing/pillar panels where they roll over, probably due to the fact they've been made from manipulated photographs rather than shaded by hand. So personally I'll probably add shading to my skins by hand using the template shading as reference only. That way I'll be able to have very straight looking panels or particularly "wavey" ones as I see fit and the horizontal panels will be highlighted correctly to meet the top edges of the wings etc.

Edited by Mighty

Why merge anything at all?

Just paint everything, paintscheme, signs, decals etc on seperate layers under your shading "overlay" layer which leaves everything editable and will give you shading on everything. Then simply adjust the "levels" of the overlay layer to suit or do as I do and dublicate one as a "screen" layer and use the original as a "multiply" layer adjusting levels to suit as before.

On the sudject of shading:

Something I have noticed recently while I've been looking through templates is that most don't have the highlights across the bonnet/roof/boot where the panels are in the horizontal plane to match the shade at the top of the vertical wing/pillar panels where they roll over, probably due to the fact they've been made from manipulated photographs rather than shaded by hand. So personally I'll probably add shading to my skins by hand using the template shading as reference only. That way I'll be able to have very straight looking panels or particularly "wavey" ones as I see fit and the horizontal panels will be highlighted correctly to meet the top edges of the wings etc.

couldn't agree more on the suggestions made here......i seemed to spend ages with the rods templates getting the transition across the panels right, but (i hope) it is worth the effort. Usually, because the shading was lightened to stop it discolouring the paint underneath, i ended up with the joining edges shading as full white (which of course disappears once you change the layer type from normal to multiplier) or the other way was to use the eraser on 0 hardness and about 10-15% opacity and just rub away the joint edge so you get a smoother transition from the erased area back onto the shading for the panel.

Re: merging btw, again, couldn't agree more.....wherever i have a decal that crosses two panels (bonnet to side, side to rear or whatever) i use 2 copies of the decal on different layers, and keep as much of each copy of the decal as i can....that way, you can move one or the other to suit a good join across the seam.

Love your work btw Mighty, awesome stuff :appl:

thanks for all the help ladz it coem i nvery usefull lol. can i ask though who ever put keep practicing withn the fancy writing thingy,well um, i might struggle because i dont even know how to do it in the first place.lol

can anyone fill me in with the basics of doing the cool writing?

also does anyone know how to alter like the damage efects on a banger because ive seen it done i think?

cheers lloydy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..