Baby Grand Model

pazza

Cheers for the help m8 :thumbs_up:

I've finished most of the Baby Grand, except LODs

I need to add semi-transparent windows to it to make it more realistic

I tried adding faces for the windows, and applying a semi-transparent (50%) grey colour to them, but in the game, it appears opaque blue :shrug:

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

Pazza

post-1155-1180101128.jpg

I've finished most of the Baby Grand, except LODs

I need to add semi-transparent windows to it to make it more realistic

I tried adding faces for the windows, and applying a semi-transparent (50%) grey colour to them, but in the game, it appears opaque blue :shrug:

Any ideas where I'm going wrong?

Cheers

Pazza

Hi mate, I assume you are already using an alpha channel for the windows?

The layer I use for the alpha channel on a catch fence looks like this...

[attachmentid=16082]

Once I've created an alpha channel from that, the black bits will be completely see-through and the white bits will be fully textured, you need to make an alpha layer and convert it into an alpha channel using a very dark grey so that the windows are see-through but have a little colour left in them. I've never had to do windows so it'll take a little trial and error for you to get it right.

post-113-1180106865.jpg

Thanks for the info Nick

How do you make an alpha layer, and how do you apply it to the skin?

I've never used them before and so I don't know much about them :unsure:

Thanks

Pazza

psp7 and psp9

I only have psp6 so this may work differently to your versions, if my instructions don't work use them in conjunction with this tutorial.

Make a new layer that is completely white except for where the windows are, the window areas should be a dark grey (you will need to experiment with the shade of grey).

With the selection tool select the window areas.

In the 'Selections' menu click 'Save to Alpha channel'

In the next window, select 'new channel' then type the name as alpha.

You must save the tga as 32bit not 24.

Then when you convert the tga to a .tex you need to use the /a extension ie:

mktex catchfence.tga catchfence.tex /a

If everything has gone according to plan the windows should be see through in game. Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers Nick

I'll give it a go :thumbs_up:

• 4 weeks later...

I've nearly finished the model now

I've done LODs, with the highest level at 944 polys

physics is done I think

I have tried putting windows in, but I really don't get it so it will probably go without windows, unless someone wants to give it a go

If you want to put the semi-transparent windows on the model, pm me and i'll send you the files :thumbs_up:

fairly soon i'll post up a prototype, and afterwards make amendments you suggest. :thumbs_up:

I have tried putting windows in, but I really don't get it so it will probably go without windows, unless someone wants to give it a go

If you want to put the semi-transparent windows on the model, pm me and i'll send you the files :thumbs_up:

Could you not get an alpha channel to work?

hi pazza i like the cab view its not that far off except if anything it needs to lower as i couldnt see the bonnet atall from inside the cab and the bar on the inside of the window is like that but trust me when youre goin round in them things u dont notice it at all. plus goin round anti clockwise it not in the way anyway. also u tend to look out of the side window round the bends .

cheers chevy that's handy

I'll definitely make it a bit lower :thumbs_up:

I don't think there's an awful lot I can do about looking out the side window, although there is an in-game control in Heat to do that - 'Look left'.

Nick, I tried that alpha layer, but it just came up opaque blue again :banghead2:

I may give it one more go, since it would make a notable difference. :5:

Here's the prototype

Template is done

No windows yet (still undecided)

Please suggest any improvments, eg. physics, etc.

Cheers :thumbs_up:

Pazza

{Car file, Temp and PSD in Zip file}

Baby_Grand.zip

tryed the car in the game it looks very good . all i need is a paint job. if anyone is interested i want the same paint scheme i had when i raced them for real. plz let me know and ill send some pics for you to copy from thanx . it will look even better when painted.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..