jaguar estate

freejohn

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a crappy xj40 lol! we need pics of bunges car it was a little bit harder! is tht a s1 in the bottom roight hand corner it looks like it!

Edited by braderz516

your'e 11 your'e knowledge is that of a wise 203 year old man braderz.. Do you like any bangers? cause i seem to remember you saying the calone 3.0 v6 was crap any other great comments you have?

:rofl::rofl: As i figure that XJ40 Estate was the only one made,Like the SD1 Rover,and its in the Motor Heritage Museum,So if by chance it did turn up at a track anywhere,The word EPIC would be heard for a long time :thumbup:

Anyways,i thought id be productive and try find some info & pics in case any one felt like having a go at making one :thumbup:

Jaguar XJ40 Estate

IPB Image

Apologies for the quality but it was a really small pic :thumbs_up:

Jaguar XJ6 Avon Estate

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

This one was for sale at £17.500

IPB Image

Some info on the xj6 est

When the Series III Jaguar XJ6 was launched in 1979, Mercedes-Benz had the the up-market estate scene pretty much to themselves, with Volvo and Citroën bringing up the rear.

Avon saw things differently, however, offering this ungainly conversion of the Jaguar saloon, which traded the base car's inate elegance for a cavernous rear-end. Only some 20 years later would Jaguar contemplate introducing an estate car of their own.

Launched at the 1980 British Motor Show – where it was awarded first prize and a gold medal in the International Coachwork Competition – this conversion sought to offer Jaguar customers new levels of practicality, with 35cu ft of luggage space on offer with the rear seats in place, and over 58 cu ft when folded. In this configuration, the luggage deck was some 6' 7" long, and the car came with the £475 option of a rear-facing seat for use by children. The car had a payload of 10cwt, and rear suspension modifications were offered (in consulation with Jaguar themselves) for customers who expected to be carrying heavy payloads.

The Anthony Stevens-designed conversion used a Renault 5 rear hatch, skillfully mated to the vertical panel from the XJ6's bootlid; the rear vent grilles were also sourced from the Renault 5. Based on the XJ6 4.2, the car retained the saloon's overall dimensions and as the car required no mechanical alterations, Jaguar agreed to honour the car's warranty (although Ladbroke Avon offered their own cover for the bodywork, paintwork and other aspects affected by the conversion).

Ladbroke Avon planned to build just 250 cars, each one finished to the customer's specific requirements. The basic conversion work cost £6500 (plus VAT), and included the installation of an electric sunroof, vinyl roof, inertial-reel rear seatbelts, rear wiper/screen washer and the extension of the car's central locking system to include the tailgate.

The rear-facing child seat added £475 to the bill, while Dunlop chrome wire wheels could be added for a further £428 (again, plus VAT).

Jaguar XJS Lynx Eventer

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Some info on the XJS Est

The handsome Lynx Eventer filled a gap in the market for a top-notch sporting estate, and examples could often be seen at the smarter sporting events.

As with the XJS Spyder, many observers felt that the Eventer offered a significant improvement to the lines of the XJS.There was no argument that it offered far greater versatility, for while the boot space was similar to that of the standard car with the rear seats in place, it increased to some 39cu ft when they were folded, with the large rear hatch affording excellent access.

Each Eventer was hand-built to order, and could be based either on a customer's existing car or delivered as a brand new model. The overall build time was 14 weeks, and each car came with a complete photographic record of the conversionprocess.

Production totalled just 67 examples over a period of some 16 years, with the final Eventer being built in the

summer of 2002, based on a limited-production 6-litre XJR-S. At the time, the company speculated that either the Jaguar XKR or Aston Martin DB7 Vantage could be next in line for the shooting brake treatment...

And while i was at it i found this! :thumbup:

Jaguar MK2 Estate

IPB Image

Pics and info from british leyland site and shooting break.com :thumbs_up:

The XJ40 etstate looks ok, but I prefer the normal one. The XJ6 also looks better in saloon guise IMO, as with the estate, you can still see the basic shape of the saloon, and addition to the roof just looks like an afterthought. As for the last pic, whoever did that to a Mk2 should be shot. "nocturnalpulse", no offence intended, it was good of you to have a look for pictures, I'm sure the modellers etc will appreciate them.

your'e 11 your'e knowledge is that of a wise 203 year old man braderz.. Do you like any bangers? cause i seem to remember you saying the calone 3.0 v6 was crap any other great comments you have?

yh granny estates rule...xj40's drool

I quite liked the XJS Eventer after Woka managed to get one for Civil War 1, I'd never seen one before. It was the last car running in the DD that day with the V12 being unstopable. I remember Woka saying "it just would not die". :thumbup:

Just hope someone manages to make one for the game. :thumbs_up:

post-633-1183671815.jpg

post-633-1183671861.jpg

post-633-1183671873.jpg

:Cool :thumbup: although got to go along way to beat Psycho Jag Est in the ugly stakes.

Rumours has it, there another jag estate getting raced in the next few months :2:

Btw you missed out Mk9 Jag, woody estate off your list, one appeared on ebay few months back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..