Nascar Heat + Windows XP Pro Sp2

Guest lxxBishopxxl

Guest lxxBishopxxl

Hi all..

I bought NH from a boot sale this morning (orig not a lame pirate) of some old dude for £5...  thumbup.gif   The case is a bit tatty and the manual is missing.. but the disc if fine and installs ok (have used a disc verifier to check disc also).

Followed the install instructions at :

http://www.ukdirt.co.uk/cgi-bin/router.pl?...kd&member=5fe1a

to the letter...  coffee.gif

At the first part when it says :

You will now need to check that your game works...

I get and error saying :

Your video card reports that it does not support 3d graphics....blah blah blah

[attachmentid=1697]

Its a radeon 9800Pro... and er.. I think it does! Nascar SimRacing has no probs with it!

Im getting the hump with it now, cos I wanna race with the Bangers Mod....

Plz can someone help out...  Compatability mode iz pants and don't work much either...  banghead2.gif

I havent installed any Banger mods yet because I wanna get the game working first before I proceed.

Many thx

Bang On!  blink.gif

Dave

post-481-1114946710.jpg

Guest lxxBishopxxl

I get and error saying :

Your video card reports that it does not support 3d graphics....blah blah blah

come on ppl.... i cant be the only one wit dis problem...?

Ive done the searches... read many forums.... if im missing someting then a kick in the right direction is all i need...

i see many people posting error reports but i see nothing like that for HEAT...

DS

Guest lxxBishopxxl

Ok, cheers for the replies guys..

Ive done some long searching on this and its not looking good...

Many ppl across a wide range of gfx cards and (older)games get the same issue.

Its looking like Direct X or My ATI's driver has screwed up somewhere... as I am unable to test direct3d at the DX7 level (dxdiag->display->Test Direct3D) DX8 & DX9 tests run fine... which is why I am able to play all my recent games.

Some ppl resolved this by un-installing DX (tricky in XP) and using DX8 that comes as standard. Others claim that BIOS updates are the answer and others cleared the problem by using older GFX drivers.... (also its not a power issue either as Im using a 550watt power supply)

Ive tried all these and still have the same problem.

I will as a last resort re-install XP with sux goat cheese.... but what the hell.

The only real B*tch to that is I have to call the MS helpline to re-actvate XP as the web activation doesnt always work..  mad.gif

So...i'll give that a shot and re-install DX from 8 onwards a step at a time and the same with my GFX drivers and see what results I get there...

Cheers again ppl

I'll post if it fixes

Bish

ps.

try putting in graphic card driver for ati 9800 m8 

did'nt quite undertand this... what driver did u think I was usin'  wink.gif

i got that message come up once before and i just reset my pc and alls worked fine since

If I had a pound for every re-boot/shut down I tried!  wink.gif

you couldnt get the original game to run at all? was that the case? did you try playing the game from the disc or just go straight into the install procedure?

did'nt quite undertand this one either... How else could I play without installing first...  So I installed all to the H/Disk...   If I put in the disk I got the AutoPlay screen.. clicked play and got my error..  sad.gif

Even if everything else works, try reinstalling the ATI drivers, and DirectX (9c or whatever is the latest).  It could be one file in DirectX that's broken, but if it only relates to dx7 stuff then you wouldn't know until you try to run an older game (like Nascar Heat).

Guest lxxBishopxxl

I had tried both those already.... and you know how funny DirectX can be when it comes to re-installing....

------------------------------------

but still... after a fresh install of XP, NH is up and running now... I am running the latest catalyst drivers for my rad98 (which i was using b4..) but i havent updated DirectX yet..  I wanted to see if Heat would run b4 I updated to 9c.

So i'll update that now and try again... see what gives..

cheers ppl

Bish

Guest lxxBishopxxl

a kwik ps :

where can i download all the banger tracks from... all the links on the web site are broke sad.gif

Bish

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..