Track Feedback

AndyG

In my opinion I don't think adding in a big post just before the corner would help the wall riding situation because not only will it take up more space on the track but when you are racing for posistion and you are on the outside with somebody behind you and the guy on the inside has someone behind him you could easily just end up getting squezed into a post that doesn't even exsist in real life. I think as a first step maybe just putting a rule up stating that if you do this and gain a posistion(s) unless you give the posisiton(s) back immediately then you will be disqualified/loaded and/or banned. Think this would get the message through that wall riding is a big no, no.

Marty

Our idea isnt a big post at the start of the straight. We also are only putting them on the tracks like Bell and Shef. I guess only shale tracks have the post and wire fence? We are trying something different on the tar tracks.

I presumed the wall riding that Mac mentioned was happening at Ipswich and I also presumed that that was the track Allstar's drawing etc was meant for. Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick. Also I am not saying there shouldn't be posts at tracks like Sheffield, Belle Vue etc because there should as they are there in real life. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough, wasn't criticising your work Free.

Marty

Our idea isnt a big post at the start of the straight. We also are only putting them on the tracks like Bell and Shef. I guess only shale tracks have the post and wire fence? We are trying something different on the tar tracks.

I presumed the wall riding that Mac mentioned was happening at Ipswich and I also presumed that that was the track Allstar's drawing etc was meant for. Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick. Also I am not saying there shouldn't be posts at tracks like Sheffield, Belle Vue etc because there should as they are there in real life. Sorry if I wasn't specific enough, wasn't criticising your work Free.

Marty

No worries, I was just making sure we were on the same page is all. I only know of a hand full of tracks, I wasnt sure if there are tar tracks with wires and poles or not. It was more of a question than a comment.. :042: If these were American tracks, I would be more informative... lol

Guest Trash

Wimbledon is the only track left with post and wire fencing, other than those i can only think of sheffield and belle vue which are both shale/dirt

You have never been to Yarmouth then.

Ipswich

Having been there more than most tracks in the UK it seems close to what I remember. As has been said before the kerbs feel a bit high to me but it actually works to stop people getting dragged into the tyres. I always thought the heat tracks were to wide and to me this version feel about spot on, the only real gripe I have it that there is a gap between the pit gate and the fence and if you happen to just clip this it can just turn the car right.

Ipswich Dirt

Thought I would hate it as it is fake, but is actually probably my favourite so far, so much fun it is unreal.

Sexberium

Completely different experience to ippy, wide open space and you can really chuck the car around. Like the pit area and the layout of the track, it is possible to make the grass have less grip as at the moment running onto it does not seem to have to much of a penalty. I really like the way that the skid marks stay on the shale tracks.

General questions

Are we going to get a wet version of Ipswich as this seems possible in RF

Both shale tracks seem very flat, is it possible to have some bumps, these do appear to be implemented on the inside grass at Sexberium

Please don't take these the wrong way as I love what you have done so far

http://www.mkpics.smugmug.com/gallery/3103576#171537874-M-LB That curb seems big to me!

For the life of me I cant find a pic of the gate (close enough to actually see it). I remember seeing a pic where there is a gap between the gate and the wall. Before release I tried to get the gate as flush as possible, but once in a blue moon, you could clip it. I tried and tried and never could, Pedz tried and tried and could! lol Dont wall ride right there and you wont have any issues ;)

When Rfactor gets rain, all the tracks will get a wet version.

Sexbierum, since its a field track, and they tend to round it off by the end of the race, I didnt make it where you will loose to much in the grass, esp since its a field track. This allows you to get pushed high and not loose a ton of ground. Guess its one advantage of a big ole field track. We had some great racs there while testing, and while testing early versions of other dirt mods. Could go 2 and 3 wide, and not even worry about getting pushed off the track.

I made Sexy bumpy, and tbh I hated it. Took away from the racing, since you spent most of the time just holding on to your car. Real, sure, fun, not really, at least it wasnt for me. Also remember, Sexbierum was the first real track I have ever made for RF, Ips was number 2, still learning here...

Would like to thank everyone for their comments... I understand everyone is just trying help improve what we already have out. Most of these issues we have looked into, some we havent. All this can do is help improve our future tracks.

Thanks for the quick reply Freeweb.

I see your point about SB we are all here to race at the end of the day and taking away from that on a track that changes everyweek anyway would be odd and probably ultimatly pointless. I still think a few wet tracks would be nice although I do appreciate the way of doing it at the moment if far far from ideal. Again thanks for the reply, it is nice to have mod teams acually listen to the people who are racing there stuff :thumbs_up:

Sexbierum

Completely different experience to ippy, wide open space and you can really chuck the car around. Like the pit area and the layout of the track, it is possible to make the grass have less grip as at the moment running onto it does not seem to have to much of a penalty. I really like the way that the skid marks stay on the shale tracks.

I live near to Sexbierum and i know conditions of the ground here as i race myself to out here.

What u say about the is true when i race around here 1 heat on the grass its more slippy then heat 3 on the clay.But when making that,plz do not make it like heat tracks u drive 70 u go in grass and then u drive 5 thats so unrealistic.

:2:

FWIW the track width on the majority of the NASCAR Heat tracks was deliberately made wider than real life to make for better playability online (after early feedback at LE mainly as Mart said). This may well no longer apply as an argument for rFactor (e.g due to better MP code, higher spec machines in general being used, better controllers being used).

Brilliant tracks! Love the working scoreboard at Ipswich and the green/red lights. I would love to see the dust come up when you drive on the infield for ultimate realism, but can understand the reason's to not doing that. I would say it's nigh-on perfect! apart from the problem with the wall-riding issue.

How do you get the night racing? Is it possible? I changed the start-time to midnight! but it didn't change.

I have already now done loads of real-life skins in the game for my son, but now need more chassis! lol

Guest Scrapman53

Splinter. When I had a server up the first week, I set race time to 9.30pm with race timescale set to 10 times. Practice and qualifying was in daylight, and the lights came on when you were on the startline for the race at Ipswich.

I think Sexbierum was different though. :thumbup:

Edited by Scrapman53

Splinter. When I had a server up the first week, I set race time to 9.30pm with race timescale set to 10 times. Practice and qualifying was in daylight, and the lights came on when you were on the startline for the race at Ipswich.

I think Sexbierum was different though. :thumbup:

cheers Pete, figured it out tonight. The lights add to the atmosphere :king:

• 3 weeks later...

dont know whether anything can be done about it, but when the car rolls over, the camera takes an aweful view from underneath the track and the floor disappears till the car rights itself. other than that the tracks seem pretty spot on.

dont know whether anything can be done about it, but when the car rolls over, the camera takes an aweful view from underneath the track and the floor disappears till the car rights itself. other than that the tracks seem pretty spot on.

Is this the track cam or the car cam? Are you driving in chase view and it happens?

Guest Scrapman53

Try using bonnet view Nezza.

I use chase view in Heat because I don't like the in car view. But with rFactor, I find the bonnet (tv cockpit) much easier to control. :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..