Car Feedback

AndyG

nice one...

when iw as doing online racing on the ps2 i was going for the g25 steering wheel but never got around to it as i got interested in this game....

mit eget myself the logitech force feedback wheel for rfactor which is £40... red and black one if u go onto their site www.logitech.co.uk

my biggest problem/worry about the game is not the handling its the contact, like Nezza has said most times when you hit someone both cars go round,this would just turn race meetings into a follow my leader format imo because the small contact you can get away with and hold just isnt enough to make them go out wide and allow you take the position.It would also rule out most last bend moves that we all love to watch in the real formula.I am saying this after being at brum last night where so many of the moves made would not be possible on this game. Apart from this i think it is a great game and well done to all involved. this is only my opinion and am not having a go at the makers of the game what so ever :thumbs_up:

Edited by fatdave488

Guest Scrapman53

There's a knack to making contact and being able to make a pass. :thumbs_up:

One race I remember at Ipswich tar when the mod was released had me and Aub battling for the lead. It started off with a little tap wide and making the pass, and developed into a hard hit wide enough so the car in front rode the wall and one of us managed to pull away for the win. :thumbup:

You can't just go inh with a full throttle hit and expect to get away with it, but you can hit hard enough if you let off a touch later than normal and get a square hit on the back bumper. Hitting people over the rear wheel or the nerf rail won't work like in Heat. That's just an amateurish way of taking out an opponent anyway IMO. ;)

There's a knack to making contact and being able to make a pass. :thumbs_up:

One race I remember at Ipswich tar when the mod was released had me and Aub battling for the lead. It started off with a little tap wide and making the pass, and developed into a hard hit wide enough so the car in front rode the wall and one of us managed to pull away for the win. :thumbup:

You can't just go inh with a full throttle hit and expect to get away with it, but you can hit hard enough if you let off a touch later than normal and get a square hit on the back bumper. Hitting people over the rear wheel or the nerf rail won't work like in Heat. That's just an amateurish way of taking out an opponent anyway IMO. ;)

Correct, nerfing and hitting the rear wheels, in real life also leads to a greater increased chance of spinning out on contact (just asked my dad :thumbs_up: ), so the game is actually more realistic than it seems.

Thanks for the words of wisdom Wrighty :thumbup::appl: Appreciated as always m8.

Edited by Kruiz 136

After the meeting on Sunday, I am not convinced that the tyre wear is to much but that the drop off between steps is a bit to much here is why.

We had an 8 car grid for the GN, lined up in reverse qualifying order and a manual rolling start over 21 laps minus the roller. I started at the back and after about 4 laps had cleared the traffic, running second with COD right behind me and PaulP about 4 sseconds up the road. I started to chase Paul and yes I was driving hard but I was not throwing the car about, I was closing on Paul and actually set a PB on about lap 14 at which point I was about 2 seconds ahead of COD and 1.5 behind Paul. Then on lap 16 or so the rear tyres just went off. My lap times dropped from an average low 15.1 to 15.5 in no more than a lap or 2 and the car became a real bitch to drive. By the end of the race the three of us were only about a second apart as CODs tyres were obviously in much better shape than mine.

Now I am not saying my tyres should have lasted as long as CODS as I was working them harder, but the sudden drop off was just a bit to much. I have not looked at the drop offs in the TBC so this is all from what I experienced in this race and some others in the past.

As for contact I think what everyone discovered was not that you CAN hit people in RF but that it is a skill you need to develop just as you would in a real F1.

That was fun drumbstick , seeing you get closer and closer :thumbup: i was just trying to drive nice and easy so i would not spin out on the bend exit , by the end of the race i was shaking a little with adrenaline, i think i need to turn the mirrors off during races , it's far to much stress with them on :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry lads, but after many weeks of testing i really feel at a disadvantage not having a wheel and pedals.

It's just 2 hard as more often that not when i'm on a half decent lap i put the power down and around i go.

If i put the power down later than others around me are doing then i'm nearly a second a lap off the pace....call me a glory boy if you want but that ain't for me.

If anything when i do go in the server, unlike many that race in ukdirt, i feel that i merely get in the way so i just pull off the racing line exactly the same as i did when i 1st started in this league in 2004.

I'm not a "gamer" like some, but i'm a stock car fan hence why i play this.

I'm in a situation where i just don't have the room to have a wheel with pedals next 2 my pc so it isn't for want of trying. I did actually purchase one but that ended up getting sold straight away due to the above.

The graphics are top notch :thumbup: , the tracks are superb :appl: , the scoreboard with my number always at the bottom of it is just a kick in the nads :blink: though every time i go past it but it's a fantastic feature.....IMO the game is just 2 hard i'm afraid for someone who hasn't got a wheel with pedals.....using the analogue sticks is probably the last option that i can try but i have trialled them in the past back in 2004 but couldn't get on with them either!

what do you mean by not much room.....

because do you have enough room to move the monitor towards you so its almost of the desk/stand or wotever it is on and u move ure chair back enough for the pedals??????

also....

if you buy just a wheel i think you can configure it so if it has an x button like some it does throttle and square for brake ???? that way it helps through corners and out of them with the power.... (force feedback as u may know)

because do you have enough room to move the monitor towards you so its almost of the desk/stand or wotever it is on and u move ure chair back enough for the pedals??????

also....

if you buy just a wheel i think you can configure it so if it has an x button like some it does throttle and square for brake ???? that way it helps through corners and out of them with the power.... (force feedback as u may know)

kendo lives in a box m8 :scared15:

also....

Nope, Hutch is right that i live in a box.

Unfortunately I cannot move my seat back as it's chained and bolted to the floor as the other patients with more mental health problems than me, have been known to go crackers when they don't get the correct tablets.

Not sure i see the point in buying a wheel without pedals. Surely the whole point is to be able to control how much power you are putting down out of the bends rather than an "on or off" scenario that anyone with a pad uses at the moment.

Still seems the only way forward for me personally is to buy a pad/joystick with some variety of throttle control option.

kendo if you go to argos, they have a logitech dual action joypad for 20 quid, my mate swears by it and goes pretty well in driving games

argos

I've got that :lol:

Some might prefer wheels, but I find it alot easier to use than keys :thumbup:

Edited by xj40

• 2 weeks later...

Well Ive just had my first go at rfactor and it rocks. :appl::appl:

A bit off the pace but thats to be expected.

I have never raced real life but I would imagine this is pretty close.

It is no good for the ones that like to hoof around gently gently is the name of the game.

Deffo will be back for some more

:2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..