computer spec

TRAV365

hi i just bought a wireless gaming reciver for my computer lol and now i dont think my computers good enough to run it as it will not install it.

specs required to run it

windows xp sp1 or higher

pentium 300 MHz or higher

150mb avalible hard drive space

128 mb ram

and a usb port

and heres a pic of my computers specs i guess its the pentium bit thats not good enough to run it but mine says GHz not MHz???

post-402-1185556213.jpg

Edited by TRAV365

hi i just bought a wireless gaming reciver for my computer lol and now i dont think my computers good enough to run it as it will not install it.

specs required to run it

windows xp sp1 or higher

pentium 300 MHz or higher

150mb avalible hard drive space

128 mb ram

and a usb port

and heres a pic of my computers specs i guess its the pentium bit thats not good enough to run it but mine says GHz not MHz???

procesors ok m8, 2.8 is the norm theses days on 32bit

its the ram you might want to look at, as xp minums is 512 jus to run,

although under most sircumstances 512 is jus about enough,

ram upgrade is probaly bets solution, as a lot of newer games ect

advise minimum of 1gig ram,

Edited by demonstone

try the recivers (brand website) its possible the installer might be knackerd

and you may find a solution there

if its giving specific error msgs wen trying to install

post them here some 1 might be ablt to help.

ive had a look on the xbox site do not see any probs with the disks this is the error message i got it cant be my computer specs because they are ok as above and ive got 20gb of spare space on my hard drive so not that. ill try taking it back and getting another copy tomoz

post-402-1185559550.jpg

Hi all am thinking of buying Rfactor maybe and was wondering if my pc will be able to handle it . here is a pic if its helps .

walker

post-1142-1185562765_thumb.jpg

Guest Scrapman53

Trav. 1 or 2 Gb of memory and a decent graphics card will see you Ok with rFactor m8. No need for that new PC you were thinking of. I actually thought it was an older system you had that you wanted a new PC.

Trav and Walker. Download and run CPUZ and take a screenshot of each screen when you go through all the tabs, then post them on here. I'll be able to advise on any upgrades if needed then. :thumbup:

right took some screen shots but dunno if its the write ones u wanted to see . no good with pc's right sorry had to edit the reply as something went bell up :banghead2: [attachmentid=17862]

screen_shots.zip

Edited by walker

@ trav

ive come across various instances in the past wer lack of physical ram

can casue these errors whilst unpacking and installing,

as you only have 512 ram it may be an issue.

to get round this, goto view system info as you have done,

goto advance tab and select performance/settings.

then select advance tab again,

and look at virtual memory at the bottom,

as you only have 512 ram increase the virtual memory to 1024 (double your physical ram)

what this does,

when your physical ram is all used up by processes ect, it pages memory usage on to you hard drive

using the space as virtual memory,

you can try ending un-need processes in task manger,

also antivirus and anti spyware apps are notorious for messing with installations.

try quiting any of these,

if non of this helps i would say its another crappy Micro$not buggie piece of cack installer :banghead2:

also @ walker try increasing vitual memory aswell

you can download rfactor as try b4 you buy

your gracic card capability is agp x8 so it should run rfactor reasonably well

:thumbs_up:

Hi just one more question I aint good with pc's (sorry for spelling) I went to increase vitual memory as u have stated to do but dunno what bit to select etc . any chance of a hand would be appreciated :thumbs_up:

post-1142-1185568754_thumb.jpg

@ walker

look at custom size field

inital size = 336

maximum size = 736 and press srt

i would advise a ram upgrade though as with a lot of newer stuff

it requires a lot of it

a lot of apps games ect these days recomend 1 gig minimum

so a ram upgrade do i need to buy that or can u tweak it in pc ?

cheers scrapman and demonstone ill post some screenies up tomoz thanks very much for all your help :thumbup::thumbup:

oh and scrapman whats CPUZ??? lol

you can get CPUZ from this link trav. I've just tried it.....download that then unzip to a new folder, then go to it and run the cpuz application. It gives you 6 tabs of different data for scrapman to see all of your system hardware info (nothing secret, just ram sizes, chip rates etc....i was baffled :), might post my own up lol)

glad to see you got RF too, enjoy :)

kool cheers for letting me know :thumbup:

hi again I downloaded the trial for rfactor and went to have a go and this came up . any help as am no good with this kind of stuff :shrug:

post-1142-1185625377_thumb.jpg

Guest Scrapman53

Markie has the same problem Walker. It might be that your virtual memory needs tweaked. But hold on just now. I've posted on another forum to see if that's what it is. I'll get back when I get an answer. :thumbs_up:

cheers mate sorry if I sound a pain in the back side :scared15:

Guest Scrapman53

Trav. Do you know what Graphics card you have? 512mb RAM is the minimum for rFactor. You would probably benefit from 1gb of RAM, but they don't make that memory any more, so it would have to be Ebay for 2 512 sticks of PC2100 (or DDR266 which it is also called) unbuffered.

Walker. I done a search for "insufficient disc swap space" and it looks like not enough memory installed. But Markie is having the same problem, and he's had the game running before.

It may be a virtual memory thing which you can set yourself, or you might want to try running enditall first to see if that cures it. Another thing you can try is closing down processes with the windows task manager. (Do this part at your own risk though).

cheers for your help scrapman not 100% sure what graphics card is in it but i bought it about 2 years ago for about £100 quid lol so i could play a colin mcrae game. :thumbup::thumbup:

ive had a few goes on rfactor and all seems fine graphics wise so should be sorted ill have another go monday at loading the wireless converter thingy

Thanks to scrapman my rfactor is up and running again i had same problem as walker after days of trying all sorts of stuff it was easy in the end all i had to do is run endital :scared15: .

cheers scrapman for all the help :thumbs_up: .

cheers markie

tried end it all but still doing same thing .looks like chance of rfactor is gone o well :rolleyes::banghead2:

Guest Scrapman53

Looks like you need more memory then m8. Btw. What graphics card do you have?

Right click on the desktop and select properties. Then click the settings tab, then the advanced button, then the adapter tab. It will tell you what graphics card you have in there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..