computer spec

TRAV365

dunno if this what you want :rolleyes:

post-1142-1185709717_thumb.jpg

yer

@ trav

ive come across various instances in the past wer lack of physical ram

can casue these errors whilst unpacking and installing,

as you only have 512 ram it may be an issue.

to get round this, goto view system info as you have done,

goto advance tab and select performance/settings.

then select advance tab again,

and look at virtual memory at the bottom,

as you only have 512 ram increase the virtual memory to 1024 (double your physical ram)

what this does,

when your physical ram is all used up by processes ect, it pages memory usage on to you hard drive

using the space as virtual memory,

you can try ending un-need processes in task manger,

also antivirus and anti spyware apps are notorious for messing with installations.

try quiting any of these,

if non of this helps i would say its another crappy Micro$not buggie piece of cack installer :banghead2:

also @ walker try increasing vitual memory aswell

you can download rfactor as try b4 you buy

your gracic card capability is agp x8 so it should run rfactor reasonably well

:thumbs_up:

hi i started with taking back the converter and getting a new one then turned up my ram and turned every thing off that i could turn off and still the pieace of cack would not install lol so its going in the bloody bin

now im worried if i spend the cash on a wheel it will not install that disk to let me use it arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lmao

Guest Scrapman53

Trav. If you get a 2nd hand Microsoft wheel, you don't need to install a driver m8. Windows XP recognises it automatically.

I keep getting trouble with the game freezing, pausing for about 10-20 seconds in the same place, then playing on from that same position. It will do it offline and online and never kicks me from a server but its very annoying. It happens in any RFactor mod.

I've tried changing the settings at to the different Direct X settings but it still happens, the last thing to try is a new driver install for the graphics card but has anyone else had any problems with the game freezing?

Any suggestions appreciated to!

Dazza

Edited by Dazza684

Guest Scrapman53

Does it do it all the time, or just when the PC has been on for a while? Try it with the side off the PC if it doesn't have a case fan on the side and see what happens.

Dazza I had kind of the same thing and had to change the screen resolution to a 16bit setting. I use a Gforce4 4800ti card 128mb it's 4 years old now and only just about does the job.

You can do that from the Rfactor config tool in your Rfactor folder.

Cheers

Lakey

Cheers for the suggestion Lakey.

I've got a 19 inch widecreen monitor so the reslution is 1440x900, and I had that set on 32 bit.

A little while a go I changed it to a medium (lower res) 32 bit setting, a high 16 bit setting, and medium and low 16 bit settings and it still kept on doing it, so I figured that if it's going to happen i may aswell have good graphics whilst it's doing it! :rofl:

So far so good with the side off the comp Scrappy, hasnt happened once, so the problem looks to have been overheating??

Dazza

Guest Scrapman53

If that is the problem Dazza. A case fan in the side panel blowing straight at the graphics card will sort it. I had to cut a hole for mines as my side panel didn't have a place to mount one.

If you go that route, shop around for the quietest one you can find if noise bothers you. Mines is an 80mm one and quite noisy. But that doesn't bother me. A 120mm one will be quieter.

Some of the online stores have the specs of the fans including the decibels. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..