Number of skins

big al 515

I was initially able to run rFactor f1's no problem, but after installing the big on-line skin packs the game immediately refused to get past the opening loading rFactor loading screens and then locked up complaining of a graphics driver issue - which I have been unable to find a more uptodate driver that is able to be installed. The graphics on the pc also turned bad and I sometimes got a blue screen serious error.

I have now deleted all the other files and folders in the skinpack folders in shale and tarmac apart from my own 515 shale and tarmac cars & their 8 skins and the game is happy again!

It seems my pc can't handle loading all those other skins when first loading up, strangely.

Can I cut down the number of other drivers skins in my folder without spoiling being able to see the correct cars on-line?

All I am interested in is racing my own car and seeing other people's cars on-line so just want the bare minimum of files for doing that?

It depends which leagues you are willing to try, if you are doing ukdirt only, I'd suggest just installing those over the original install....then you will only have the skins that come with it and the ukdirt skins.

Thats an odd issue, never really heard of that one though

Yes this error certainly surprised me.

To be fair, my pc is at the minimum spec end of the scale but it worked fine at two online test meetings and works faultlessly for all my other needs including UK Dirt on HEAT.

I am still a bit confused what skins I need for UK Dirt test series meetings. Just everything in the UKDirt Shale/Tarmac folders and none of the skins from the original install that are in the main Shale/Tarmac folders?

Hi Al,

I think at startup the game loads all the .veh files (and/or the .dds files) so the more there are the worse it is. Try removing/backing up the .veh files elsewhere, and see if it helps. I think they will still play on-line as long as you have the .dds but I'm not sure! Kind of pulling at straws, but not sure what else you could do.

Also try removing the rFactor\GameData\Vehicles\F1Stockcar skin folders and try re-installing the skins packs. One slight mistake in one of the .veh files will crash the game (also proving as mentioned above that it loads these files)

Although you could also have a prob with your memory stick/s (or poss lack of memory) as the blue screen and problem loading the game with many more files could also suggest.

Finally with it saying its the graphics driver, there could be some sort of conflict with the graphics card but I havent a clue what becasue it was ok before.

Hope you resolve it somehow :thumbs_up:

Edited by splinter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..