windows not loading

krazykrew

my computer power cable got touched when pc was starting and ever since it has not loaded windows i think this is the problem and when the computer begins to boot, but then goes the screen asking me to pick how I want windows to start (normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc....) However, NONE of these work. The computer seems to be stuck on a repeative cycle. It'll almost boot, but then end up starting all over again, go to the same screen and everything. It doesn't matter which option I choose.

I read some postings, pushed f8, and that takes me to another screen, but doesn't fix anything. A blue screen will flash for a second, but not long enough for me to read anything on it.

I have windows xp2 home edition

the computer is a fujiitsu siemens It's about 1 years old.

if i use a system restore disk that came with the computer will i lose my picture and music, etc.

cheers graeme

my computer power cable got touched when pc was starting and ever since it has not loaded windows i think this is the problem and when the computer begins to boot, but then goes the screen asking me to pick how I want windows to start (normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc....) However, NONE of these work. The computer seems to be stuck on a repeative cycle. It'll almost boot, but then end up starting all over again, go to the same screen and everything. It doesn't matter which option I choose.

I read some postings, pushed f8, and that takes me to another screen, but doesn't fix anything. A blue screen will flash for a second, but not long enough for me to read anything on it.

I have windows xp2 home edition

the computer is a fujiitsu siemens It's about 1 years old.

if i use a system restore disk that came with the computer will i lose my picture and music, etc.

cheers graeme

hello m8 :042:

i had this a few weeks ago i lost everything to when i ran the fixey thing it said hard drive faliure so i had to restore back to factory settings and now its ok touch wood and my pc aint even a year old :thumbs_down:

Some restore disks give you an option to reinstall windows but keep all of your settings, hopefully yours does. If you have things on the hardisk that you really dont want to lose, dont select to re-format or you could buy another hard disk, set you current one to a slave drive and install windows on the new one, you'll obviously lose all of your windows settings though as it'll be a completely new install.

I think Nick's idea of a 2nd hard drive is a good one, at least you'll be able to try to retrieve anything off the old hard drive before trying to fix it. Plus you would then have a backup drive for the future. It is possible to have an operating system on both hard drives should one fail to operate in the future.

I had this exact same problem about 10 months ago Graeme. Mine turned out to be a corrupt hard drive with nothing retrievable and a new hard drive needed. I hope yours is more successful!!

cheers lads for the reply's :2:

i started 2 take the hardrives out of my computer last night the pc which will not load it has 2 western digitals hard drives in it was going 2 slave them in my other pc but it has ide cable and western harddrives are sata cable so im going 2 get a ide to sata cable converter 2 day and take all my stuff of it i want then build back up the pc and reinstall windows hope it works

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..