Logitech Momo

matthew413

I use a momo for RF and 2k3. To me, its the best wheel for the price. I use the realfeel plugin with the F1's and TPSCC. Makes a world of difference. The pedals can be crap though. That is the biggest complaint with them (same with DFP). There is a 1 year warrenty from Logitech, which I have used before. They will just send you a new set, if you keep your original receipt (and maybe box). When I get around to it, I plan to just buy a nice set of pedals and sell the pedals. I have used a momo now going on 3 years, until the g25 price comes down, Ill stick witht he momo.

Edited by freew67

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone's using a Logitech Momo wheel with rFactor, if so how they're finding it? There's some on ebay at a very tempting price..

Matthew

I use a MOMO wheel but third party pedals as they are known for braking quite often. The wheel is fine and the feedback although not as good as a G25 is fine when using real feel.

Edited by drumbstick

I've never used a wheel before, I race heat with keys and rfactor with ps2 control.

I'm looking for a steering wheel though but I really can't afford anything over like 50 quid. Is a used Microsoft sidewinder the best option?

Hutch was saying the MS Sidewinder is good and they seem to come up on ebay often.

Best tenner i ever spent :thumbup:

Hutch was saying the MS Sidewinder is good and they seem to come up on ebay often.

Looks like I'm ordering mine tonight then :thumbup:

Just make sure you get the USB version and not the gameport version. I can't see mine lasting forever like, but its a great first wheel - saves making the gamble of paying 50 quid brand new and not liking it..... :thumbs_up:

What pedals do you use Drumb?

I use the 3 pedel version of the speed 7s with the tuning kit. They are a lot of money, but I use them so much it was the cheaper option in the long run & I do think they are a bit of an advantage on shale.

https://shop.interactiveracing.com/e-commer...sp?ProductID=22

Guest Scrapman53

Looks like I'm ordering mine tonight then :thumbup:

Just make sure you get the USB version and not the gameport version. I can't see mine lasting forever like, but its a great first wheel - saves making the gamble of paying 50 quid brand new and not liking it..... :thumbs_up:

Mines lasted a good hard (and I mean seriously hard, lol) 7 years and I'm still keeping it as a spare!

The rubber grips are falling off and it still works like it was new!

i've had a microsoft sidewinder forcefeedback wheel for years... still operates as good as when i first got it

quality feel, good force feedback effects and no troubles, even pedals are right enough

you can get one on ebay, anything between £10 to £40.... just pick out the bargains!!

ohh.... if wanting full feedback effects dont expect the wheel to operate quietly!! shakes the hell out of my desk.... AWESOME!!!!

Just for the record I use a DFP and its great...well the wheel is! Plenty of buttons (14) to bind to various commands, the pedals are alright but i've had Sticky Brake syndrome quite alot, all I do is clean out the gunk (grease) from around the pedal joints and its fine again until it starts Sticking.

If you can afford it go for a G25, if not then eBay is the best for cheap MOMOs & DFPs.

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed Real Feel but I'm not really sure what I should be aiming for.. could someone give me some guidence on real feel settings?

I'm just getting to know my way around Realfeel now I have a wheel. Its certainly a lot better than the rFactor FFB system. I will post a couple of realfeel settings once I get to grips with the maths :blink:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..