Some advice needed

Dragon 428

As the topic says I am in need for some advice.

As a die-hard keyboard user it seems impossible to use this rFactor game. This comes more down to the way that it's impossible to controll the throttle while entering and exiting the bends.

Therefor I might give it a go with a controller but I don't want a steering wheel.

What type of controller would you recomend?

It needs to be easy to plug into the computer and works a treat for rFactor.

Dragon

Any sort of dual analogue controller should do the trick, I use an old logitech wingman dual stick pad at the moment which is no longer available...but you can get an adapter for a PS2 pad which plugs straight into an USB port. I think theres one on play.com somewhere if you have a look about, don't think they are too dear.

I have a wheel as well but when I'm feeling lazy (which is most of the time) I tend to race with the pad more often than not...I did the entire RFC rallycross world championship on a joypad and managed to finish 15th which ain't bad so it's certainly do-able.

I've attached my controller.ini for a pad with all the rates in it, might need to change your keys and axis around to suit whatever you're using.

It goes in your userdata\controller folder..you'll see the other presets in there...just load it up in game and adjust what you need to suit.

[attachmentid=21757]

Joypad_controller_ini.zip

Before the wheel, I used the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2,which is similar to the one above posted by Hutch but costs £20-ish

Its very good and well recommended, and the batteries have lasted well over a year so far, although to be fair, I only play on rFactor once a week

Thanks for the info guys.

Got myself a Logitech Rumblepad 2 today.

Just done a few laps around Xbierum, Brum and the Vue. First time I managed to do some laps without spinning around.

It will take some time untill I am used to it but already notice the difference with the steering and throttle sensibility. The braking is a bit tough though as I use the same cotroller for braking and throttle (is this wise?).

The set-up needs some working on as the car is now pushing on like a lunatic, lol.

Once again thanks for the advice, look forward for some assistance in a server.

Dragon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..