hosting

Guest minikidx14

I have tried countless attempts at hosting so me and a mate could play cause he wants to try the game out a bit racing with me first to see if he likes it.

I heard the ports are 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and I've gone and opened them as much as I can like this:

IPB Image

But I still can't host...

I have tried countless attempts at hosting so me and a mate could play cause he wants to try the game out a bit racing with me first to see if he likes it.

I heard the ports are 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and I've gone and opened them as much as I can like this:

IPB Image

Who's your ISP Vixtro?

hi guys. im assuming your on aol as i get the same. at one time i could host and my ip began with 172. if it begins with 192 you cant host. ive tried several things and still havnt cracked the problem. at least you know what you are looking for and if you find a solution let me know as well please. cheers, damo.

I am on AOL, and I host, I run a brisca heat league using real life skins most weeks, which my freinds take part in.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,6332885~mode=flat

Read that guide, you will be able to run AOL without the software.

Then instead of starting aOL, your connection will always be running. To get your IP address, go to Internet Explorer, not AOL. That will give you the 172 address and not the 192. You cannot host with a 192 address.

I think you have to keep, Internet Explorer on in the background, I do anyway.

Hope this helps,

Kruiz

Hosting on Heat is really easy. Go to this website, www.whatismyip.com and then maybe refresh a few times until you start getting the same IP coming up. Tell the other guys that're going to be racing in your server the IP. To set the server up all you need to do is when you get to the connect/create menu in heat is click create and ok. Then give it a few minutes and the other guys should manage to get in depending on yours and there net connections. Also for private servers I'm lead to believe it's best if everyone connects through the LAN connection. If I'm ever doing it I don't go through any of that stuff Vixtro posted about ports etc, I just do what I said above. Hope this helps a little.

Martin

im on aol aswell and my ip starts with 195 but have tryed 2 host in past but never worked

Open Internet Explorer, on there go to whatismyipaddress.com, the number will be 172.xxx.xxx.xxx

That will then work for hosting as long as you keep internet explorer on in the background. It does work,, becuase I host every week, and I'm on AOL.

IPB Image

Who's your ISP Vixtro?

Virgin Media mate.

@martin379:

Sure would be no problems if a had a direct connection to my modem but I'm going through a router cause I have other computers connected to the internet as well as my Xbox 360. I've tried making a direct connection to my modem just so I could host on occasion but it doesn't seem to want to work any more, even if I manually force the IP, subnet mask, gateway etc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..