Results - Tarmac Special

MoR137

Hi all,

First of all, sorry it wasn't as good as I'd hoped, format just didn't work amazingly well and the starts were, well, rubbish. Thanks for sticking with it and I hope you all do next week. Teething troubles I think they call it! lol. Well done to Indecisivemac for being the first 'Lucky #7', Drumbstick for top scoring and Matthew for winning the final!

Results:

Heat 1: 136 288 41 331 322 413 298 8 53 112

Heat 2: 137 41 684 136 331 8 156 322 112 413

Heat 3: 41 20 112 300 331 684 298 286 329 8

Final: 413 112 288 41 322 426 8 233 684 331

41 pts 41 Drumbstick

29 pts 112 TomD

26 pts 413 Matthew

25 pts 288 Ironmac

21 pts 331 Hutch

21 pts 322 Murph

17 pts 136 Kruiz

17 pts 8 Tosh

17 pts 684 Dazza

10 pts 137 MoR

10 pts 426 Dav

9 pts 20 Splinter

8 pts 298 TGG

7 pts 300 Matty

6 pts 233 Garsser

4 pts 156 Fourwinds

3 pts 286 MrBeef

2 pts 53 Scrapman

2 pts 329 DaveW

0 pts 146 PaulP

0 pts 515 Big Al

0 pts 63 Samson

0 pts 7 Gary

PS - For next week I'll probably run 2 heats at 2 tracks (totaling 4 heats each) with the final being on one of them picked y the Lucky #7. I will run rough grades from tonights points. All race winners will be instantly upgraded (unless s/s) to keep things even. Any other suggestions are welcomed :thumbup:

PPS - my rational for not running a GN was that if we had to split into two heats, we'd have taken double the time to run the heats..... obviously that wasn't the case this week.

Edited by MoR137

I think the only problem last night was the closed grid, especially with Birmingham being such a small track.

Grades are a must - I had some bad starts (ended up half a lap down on 21st place twice) and as such started the final 8th on the grid so didn't really have to overtake many cars to win. In fact I think everyone in front of me except PaulP had crashed within 3 laps!

Don't want to sound cocky but there's not much point having stars/superstars starting so far forward.

Edited by matthew413

It was fun and will be even better next week with rough grades as the closed grids are a bit too difficult to do, especially with a change in track each time.

I am still getting used to watching my speed and the instruction of the steward at the same time as rolling in a controlled fashion, I find it miles more difficult than in Heat. We'll get there though.

2+2 heats also would be excellent.

Cheers

Yeah I think thats definately the way to go, the amount of cars is excellent, just accidents tend to unfold when everyone is so bunched up all the time, OK for a one off (like the supreme final, thought that went well) but not on regular occasions. Maybe keep the closed grid highest scorers at the back for the final only?

Edited by Kruiz 136

Yeah I think thats definately the way to go, the amount of cars is excellent, just accidents tend to unfold when everyone is so bunched up all the time, OK for a one off (like the supreme final, thought that went well)

The difference in the supreme final was everyone seemed more experienced and didnt go 'hell for leather' on the 1st lap like was happening on Sunday. But closed grids was a silly idea from the outset for me, but it was only reallythe 1st lap that caused most problems. Once we go graded again, things will be great. The rollers cud do with sorting a bit better, thats a more difficult one to solve. I think because everyone is 'anomynous' in their real-life skins the hits are coming in more often now, which is all part of the fun of this new series too

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..