Skin Upload Details: Start of '08 Season

MoR137

theres a million setings to lower the graphic setings for low end pc's, if low end pc's can run the f1 stockcar real life skins then whats the difference

the cars looking so real life is part of the parcel for me, and i suppose anybody else who's just shelled out on a new pc for rfactor wants to see the game looking as good as it can..............

its like the people who have a decent pc are getting punished becasue people don't/won't buy an upto date pc, which in that case it should work the other way around

Edited by HUTCH

In fairness hutch you are completely and utterly right....

why people spend money like i did for the graphics of it to be held back is no question to me... people who dont have such a good pc can sort the problem by either lowering the settings on it down to the bottom, and also not running it in dx9 may help???

Also isnt it possible for people who dont have such a bad pc to be able to download a low res skinpack????

if people can play rf with the rl skins they are high resolution and its bearable why not continue down that path? another thing is IF they have a problem with it their is a low res one on the rfcentral profile with the downloads at the bottom which maybe you should try before introducing other things to us who are updated on the computer front.

theres a million setings to lower the graphic setings for low end pc's, if low end pc's can run the f1 stockcar real life skins then whats the difference

the cars looking so real life is part of the parcel for me, and i suppose anybody else who's just shelled out on a new pc for rfactor wants to see the game looking as good as it can..............

its like the people who have a decent pc are getting punished becasue people don't/won't buy an upto date pc, which in that case it should work the other way around

I see your point Hutch I really do, but part of the parcel for me is racing as many different people as possible, and ensuring that we open up the opportunity to do so for as many different people as we can is a priority. This will help ensure a future for rfactor F1s on UKDirt.

That and my previous post is the rationale behind it all, I'm not blind, I can see the reduction in quality in my own skins, but I know it'll be barely noticeable under racing conditions.

And remember, its not always a case of don't or won't, it's sometimes can't.......

As a compromise, in response to suggestions of a high res skinpack, I certainly don't have the time to be doing two sets of skinpacks, I will post a thread after the skinpacks have been released, where you can post your high res skins if you like, which people can download. I can't stress enough how important correct file naming will be in this case, and it should only be done if you know what your doing......

As a compromise, in response to suggestions of a high res skinpack, I certainly don't have the time to be doing two sets of skinpacks, I will post a thread after the skinpacks have been released, where you can post your high res skins if you like, which people can download. I can't stress enough how important correct file naming will be in this case, and it should only be done if you know what your doing......

Good man MoR, I can understand both cases here..

I had a computer that only just handled the game a few months ago and anything such as night races, or having 20+ cars made the game freeze up on every lowest setting. In those circumstances anything such as low-res skin packs would have helped a lot.

I was lucky enough to be able to scrape together a bit of money for a new graphics card and ram, and it has flipped the issue the other way for me now, I'm now resizing skins and finding the quality lost makes the skins look like they were painted with sand paper, but I can understand that for people with lower end PCs then quality of skins isn't an issue as long as they are racing, and most people who don't have better PCs is becuase they can't upgrade otherwise I'm sure they would.

At this stage we can't afford to be losing drivers becuase they're computer can't handle it, we need all the drivers we can get so I think MoR is right in producing low-res skin packs even though my skins greatly suffer, but if we can download high-res skins aswell then that is much better IMO.

Edited by Kruiz 136

I had a computer that only just handled the game a few months ago and anything such as night races, or having 20+ cars made the game freeze up on every lowest setting.

Plus when ur online and it happens it also causes lag/latency (warp) on the server.

List updated - 8 days to go!!!!

Less than a week remaining!

Just a day and a half remaining.......

EDIT - note that i've been away since Friday evening and won't be back til this evening so if you've uploaded skins between those times I will get them from the upload tool then.

Edited by MoR137

List Updated :thumbup:

hi m8,

having a nightmare atm with me own skins, keep getting a wheel error on the wainT chassis when i try to check mine out :( - got skins for spike tar & shale but i might be struggling to put mine up for midnight......

Hi Wrighty

Not sure why you could be getting a wheel error, i presume its either a problem with the veh, or the upgrades file. I can sort the veh out, and I don't need an upgrades file (we'll just be using the default upgrades file, and then you just buy your stuff in game), so if the skin looks ok on the template i'm sure they will be fine.

I'm at college until 2pm tomorrow then i'll be looking at creating the skinpacks then, unless I have a big backlog of skins to check which is unlikely, so it'll have to be before then if possible.

Cheers

MoR

List Updated :thumbup:

Don't forget the deadline is midnight tonight, with slight leeway until 2pm tomorrow afternoon but after then its tough, so get um in :thumbup:

Hi Wrighty

Not sure why you could be getting a wheel error, i presume its either a problem with the veh, or the upgrades file. I can sort the veh out, and I don't need an upgrades file (we'll just be using the default upgrades file, and then you just buy your stuff in game), so if the skin looks ok on the template i'm sure they will be fine.

ok thanks for the reply, i'll sort em tonight and trust to luck :) pic of the error attached for research purposes :thumbs_up:

[attachmentid=23681]

post-32-1205171525.jpg

Can you use mine from the winter series please?

Sure, though I do notice that you have got two other painted on different chassis, so are you sure you want to restrict yourself to the elite chassis (you can only change one through the season). If your skins are not 100% ready, upload them now and i'll let you update them in a future skinpack as long as they are just that, updated versions and not brand new skins.

Let me know.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..