yet more problems cant connect to servers in rfactor

TRAV365

:shrug::shrug: ok downloaded rfactor had a play offline and went to go into a server to have a go i type the ip into the box and nothing happens so i found it on the list it asks for password i type the correct word in and it keeps coming up incompatible game version. ive put a pic below of the server page im not sure if its a game thing or a internet thing ive got no anti virus programs on this new laptop and the firewall is turned off but i can get the list of all the games running in rfactor?????? the only thing ive done since downloading ukdirt f1 online stocakcar league rfactor is ive downloaded a sprint game.

I also cant connect to any nascar heat servers on this laptop and neither can welly im well hacked off and fell like smashing the new bloody thing up.

thanks once again if any one can help Mark :shrug:

it says in bottom right corner im on version 1.150

post-402-1205887948_thumb.jpg

Edited by TRAV365

cheers dino i down loaded the 1250 patch easy.

now ive downloaded the 1255 patch and im lost its telling me to back up these folders before i install the new patch

Trymedia license folder*

- rFactor.exe

- rFactor Dedicated.exe

- NetCommUtilPlugin.dll

- Sounds

but i cant even find the buggers why they just dont let you download the game with the 1255 patch already in it is total madness i only bought it 2 days agao where can i find these files please ive looked in data folder but dont seem to be able to find any of the above ive gone through the other folders still no luck :shrug:

Trav,

You can find the following files by..

rfactor.exe - "C:\Program Files\rFactor\rFactor.exe"

rfactor dedicated - "C:\Program Files\rFactor\rFactor Dedicated.exe"

Sounds - "C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Sounds"

NetCommUtilPlugin.dll - "C:\Program Files\rFactor\Plugins\NetCommUtilPlugin.dll"

I'm not sure about the Trymedia license folder, I can't remember doing that tbh.

Or you can get it complete with version 1255 there :thumbup:

http://rfactor.net/index.php?page=downloads

Kruiz

Cheers Kruiz got the latest version but still cant get online i go to the join bit click on the + box and type the ip in after a few seconds comes back no games found i searched for ukdirt on the list of servers but cant find it there but i must sort of be online because i can see peps chatting :rofl:

Cheers Kruiz got the latest version but still cant get online i go to the join bit click on the + box and type the ip in after a few seconds comes back no games found i searched for ukdirt on the list of servers but cant find it there but i must sort of be online because i can see peps chatting :rofl:

I think maybe the servers aren't up at the moment?

The peeps you can see chatting will be in the main lobby, you will notice a lot of it in Spanish or something lol.

If you put the series into alpabetical order, and find 'F1 Stock cars', there will probably be one or two up that are not locked, try and see if you can get into one of them. :thumbs_up:

Still cant get into a server by just typeing in the ip always keeps coming up no game avalible.

i did manage to gt into a server via the list but still not right is any body else running vista having problems getting into a server for rfactor. i dont think its anything wrong with my internet as i can run ok online with old computer the only thing i can put it down to is vista how hard is it to unstall vista and put windows xp onto a laptop??????

Cheers Mark

cheers Hutch i had already downloaded the 1255 install this afternoon. so i just downloaded the 1255f patch and extracted the files into rfator file but still when i type the ip in it says no game available its like knocking my head against a brick wall lol :rofl:

ive got a windows xp back up disk for my esystem laptop will that install xp onto my current asus laptop or do i need to buy a copy of xp if thats possible lmao got to laugh or id

big cheers to all thats trying to help me Mark :thumbup:

Edited by TRAV365

cheers Hutch i had already downloaded the 1255 install this afternoon. so i just downloaded the 1255f patch and extracted the files into rfator file but still when i type the ip in it says no game available its like knocking my head against a brick wall lol :rofl:

ive got a windows xp back up disk for my esystem laptop will that install xp onto my current asus laptop or do i need to buy a copy of xp if thats possible lmao got to laugh or id

big cheers to all thats trying to help me Mark :thumbup:

trav be best trading it in to your nearest pawn shop for some beveridges, lol, just kidding...

goto your rfactor folder if you have downloaded the newest patch and unzip this plugins folder inside the main rfactor folder and try that m8. this was the one i got to get me running online :thumbs_up:

see if you can get online now, i had the saame prob a while back when the update came out.

[attachmentid=23938]

Plugins.zip

just did what you said still no go i tried it twice but still no joy lol pawn shop it is

and matthew you as far as i know the firewall is defo off

so how risky would it be to delete vista and put the xp back up disk in from my other laptop???

post-402-1206015792_thumb.jpg

yes hutch m8 it asked if i wanted to replace the currnet ones and i said yes.

ah well im away all weekend and ill give it one more go from complete restall if that dont work its going to xp if that dont work ive always got the vista back up to put back on.

Thanks for all your help lads :thumbup::thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..