Hello Peeps

Hi Guys been quite a long time since I posted on here although I have been scanning the forum from time to time.....

Well I have finally started to get a bit more free time recently and got the internet back on, being a complete mug I have been thinking of coming back to ukdirt (oh no!)

Well it has been about 2 years since I last downloaded anything so I am sure that most of the stuff on my versions is out of date, so I have a few questions:

Will it be easier to just do a complete install on the whole lot or to download the updates etc?

Have things changed much i.e. is the same banger car manager used etc?

Finally does anyone know if anyone races in squad colours in bangers as will have to use them to wind lakey up! (if he hasn't got old and past it and stopped racing!) :rofl:

Hope to speak to some old friends soon, maybe make some new enemies as well!

Welcome back JB :thumbup:

The F2 mod hasn't changed other than a few updates with new cars over the past couple of years - all of the skin packs on the site are upto date although due to a couple of rule changes we do generally release a small skin pack most weeks mainly due to if a white, yellow or blue wins a final you automatically go up a grade.

If you wanted to race from now then you'll need the packs from THIS post owards plus the skin packs on the ukdirt site.

The F1's have had a fresh install so you'd need to start that from scatch again.

There's also been a few new tracks released such as Kings Lynn New, Taunton and Mildenhall has had the wall adjusted (there's other new tracks as well but i think that's it for f1's and f2's). Warton has just been released as well although as of yet, to my knowledge, it's not been tested online.

Bathboy has just adjusted you on the ukdirt site to show that you are a yellow in the F2's so you'll need to upload a new skin as soon as possible as the old one i have is a blue roofed randall06.

Good to see you back mate

Edited by kendo912

Hello Jonnyboy,

Think Kendo has covered the F1 changes nicely.

I am not sure if it would interest you, but F1's now race on rfactor as well (as you have probably seen with the seperate rfactor F1 section of the forum.)

Anywa, after some career research, I have found out that you finished in F1 at yellow, thus should you return to F1, you will start at yellow. Should you decide to race rfactor, you will also start from yellow.

Depending if you have any heat F1's ready (which I very much doubt), I have to do I skin pack on wednesday, s am allowing people to add their skins until tuesday at midnight if they wish.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers

Johno

:thumbup:

Thanks for the replies guys, not need to panic about skins just yet as need to get the money to counter first!

Will be taking my time on them as haven't done any skins for a hell of a long time!

Do have one more question though, I have gone all posh with the internet and got a wireless network thing for Kelly to have her laptop through and to save hassle was thinking of putting a wireless pci card in the PC, then I went to look on ebay etc and there are all sorts of different ones and diff 'speeds' so is there any techies reading this that could offer advice on which to go for or the minimum speed i would need to run uk dirt with ease?

PC is running xp and the wireless is BT Home Hub.

Cheers guys

Hi :042:

If all you want the card for is internet then any speed card should be quick enough,if you want to transfer files between the computers then the fastest you can get that is compatable with the speed of the home hub.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..