How to...

Rodder159

Hello lads,

been wanting to do something like this for ages just never be bothered before!

Heres a rough guide on how i do my signs..(i use paintshop pro and photoshop for the line tool...)

Step 1..

chose a style of font and colouring you would like to use...

Start with the base colour, ive chosen the white as the pinkish bit has a purple on top so will be easier to do this later...

Step 2...

Dupliace the base coloured sign and make it the colour you want the next bit of the decal...

Step 3...

Get your eraser on hardness 0 and size 8-14ish (depending on the size your working on)and slowly start erasing around the decal leaving an even space all the way round...

Step 4...

Once you have done the above make your eraser about 70-80ish(again depending on size) and slowly start to fade the colour to your desired effect...

Step 5...

Duplicate the faded colour again and make it to a colour youd like on the top/bottom etc...(mines purple on the pink as you can see)

Step 6...

Use your eraser sized 20-40 to fade this again untill you have the desired effect...

Step 7...

make a black outline and shadow...

Step 8...

(This is where i swap to photoshop to use the line tool function!) Now i select the line tool with a pixel width of 2 and coloured silver and start to add some shading...

Step 9...

Merge all lines together and start to make the edges faded using eraser on about 20-30 size...(helps give the "airbrushed" look!)

Step 10...

back to photoshop to add the rest of the shading in a light silver here using the line tool...

and then redo step 9 on these lines!

Step 11...

Merge all layers together, copy and paste onto your skin add some stars and hey presto!

Try playing about with colours and styles!i hope this helps, i mostly taught my self how to paint so this might not be the way some do it but its how i do!

Rodder159!

post-6530-1209425859_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425870_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425886_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425897_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425907_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425916_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425927_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425936_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425945_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425953_thumb.jpg

post-6530-1209425961_thumb.jpg

oh so that's how you do it ;)

cheers rodder

Nice one cheers rodder :thumbs_up:

post-727-1209584365_thumb.jpg

not one following the tutorial - (all self taught!!) but once you've got the hang of it you can add other effects!! just play around with other tools see what happens - takes some time and practice but hey rome wasn't built in a day

Thanks Rodder... Created this in little less than 5 minutes, Got a few signs to do for some people so ill update you more!, This was just for a banger skin Although dont know if anyone else would want it

post-5852-1209652395_thumb.jpg

nice :) when i use that font i tend to italic the A as when i made the font i couldnt find a decent A...

Ok thanks for that one mate, I think its all italic accept from the A, Have to double check that one...

He's what I got from the tutorial...

post-996-1209731791_thumb.jpg

Cheers Rodder, Helped alot :thumbs_up::appl::thumbs_up:

~Don't think I'm being 'hot headed' but I watermarked it because there has been too many sign snatching incidents lol~

These looks great, nice tutorial Rodda.

How are you doing those trees in the sun sets? Are you doing them free hand or getting pictures from the net then putting numbers over it? Cause they look very good. :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..