Skin Upload Details: May 2008 (incl. High Res skins!)

MoR137

Hi all,

Well, the first grading period has passed, and it now time to start collection for skins once again! Whilst I understand that we don't need to collect the new grades (with rFactor having everybody's grade already) this is your opportunity to take your chassis change or for new drivers to get involved!

However, this skin collection will be more interesting to some, because I will now be collecting High Res skins! Hooray I hear you shout! There are a few reasons for this; generally our driver base has been quite unhappy with the inclusion of low res skins, and it has since been proven that High Res skins aren't that much of a problem, as the Simstox guys haven't had any problems! Also, Grasser has found a nice little graphics trick which should help anybody on a low spec machine. It's a great little trick and allows the game to run full detail skins, with low detail car models, so you can turn your graphics down in game without loosing skin quality. CLICK HERE TO GO TO 'GRASSERS GRAPHICS TRICK!!!!'

So anyway, you can upload your high res skins exactly as before, and they will be included in this skinpack. Not everybody will, but those who want to, can. Please make sure you name your high res skins exactly as they are in the skinpacks at the moment. You will not need to include a VEH file if you are overwriting low res skins.

For anybody else, here's the usual skinpack instructions:

rFactor Skin Submission Instructions

Grades

Grades for the rFactor half of the league will be announced soon. However, this doesn't mean you have to wait until then to upload your skins, as I require you to upload skins for ALL GRADES. So i will need white, yellow, blue and red from everybody.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do I need to upload?

You need to upload one ZIP file containing all your skins, tarmac and shale, and the corresponding VEH files.

Regarding VEH files; it makes my life much easier if you write one out correctly, but if your not sure what your doing then I will do it no problem. I've included some example veh files below, which are setup correctly (team names and correct file naming for each chassis) which you can just edit for your details (numbers, names etc).

Example_VEH_Files_for_UKDIRT.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do I upload my skins?

To the UKDirt website upload tool. If you have problems uploading, please upload them to this thread.

Rules

Check them out on the UKDirt website!

The deadline for skin uploads is MIDNIGHT TUESDAY 6TH MAY 2008!!!!

Cheers

MoR

Skins received:

Johno 3

LeeK 39

TomD 112

Kruiz 136

MoR 137

Kendo 192

DanSkin 236

Dazza 290

Matty 300

Sybe 315

Hutch 331

Dave 488

Edited by MoR137

List updated.

Yes Kruiz, that will be fine.

List updated

LIST UPDATED AND UPLOADS CLOSED!!!!

Thanks to all who uploaded. For those interested, there have been three chassis changes so far this season:

Kruiz 136*

Dazza 290

Sybe 315*

*= changed paintjob of other car to match new car