rFactor Skegness track 0.5 released

wrighty496

Hi all,

Just a short note to let you know that the Skegness track beta is now available for download. The track has working clockwise and anti-clockwise versions in the installer, and the instaler has the default track location pre-set, so if you use a non-standard (C:/program files/rfactor) installation amend your installer accordingly.

The track currently doesn't have working traffic lights or floodlights (so watch your race start times), but these will be working for the final release, along with (if i get my finger out) a shale version.

Download Skegness here

I'd like to say many, many thanks to MoR and Freew67 for their work in importing the track to game and fixing the zillion mistakes i made, and Drumbstick for his fantastic AIW work :appl:

Hope you like it ;) all the best ........ Wrighty

Edited by wrighty496

Cracking track and it looks great.

One small bug I have noticed when we tried the minis on there tonight was when you come out of the pits slowly, the cars 'catapult' and flip over.

I guess the F1's are heavier but it might effect F2's when they get released.

Turn your shadows on for goodness sake Hutch, all this money spent on powerful graphics and you've got them turned off....... :rofl:

Cracking track and it looks great.

One small bug I have noticed when we tried the minis on there tonight was when you come out of the pits slowly, the cars 'catapult' and flip over.

I guess the F1's are heavier but it might effect F2's when they get released.

Thanks for letting us know Vegas...... does it do this at Kings Lynn as well? (Reason I ask because the way i've done the pitgate on both tracks is my initial thought on why this might happen).

Awesome track, well done to all involved the only thing i noticed was the size of the tyres but when ur goin passed it doesnt make a difference tbh. Drives superb as well and it brings back memories from when i drove 285 car round there at praccy day this yr only thing that wasnt there was Mat Newson passing by at warp factor nine and Tony Smith jumping over front inside wheel when he out braked himself into turn 1. great great track guys

Edited by Ironmac_288

Well done Wrighty and team.

Superb track and the level of detail must have taken some time to replicate. Had a few races today with the youngster and he gave it a big thumbs up.

Is it me or do the tyres let you bounce off a bit? Yeah I hit em...getting old.

Good stuff guys.

Reb

Superb track Wrighty and all who were involved, I had some racing with Jimmy, Marky, Fourwinds and a few others the other night and it was very close and very fast. Also when MoR & DanSkin were in, we came out of turn 2 went 3 wide down the back straight and all made turn 3 & 4 without spinning or even very much contact, I've never seen that before, sensational racing. It seems to be the only track where you can go in very wide but get enough speed out the corner to out drag race he guy who was on the inside becasue its difficult to find the grip coming out the corner using the inside line. We should see a very good UK Open there this Thursday as laptimes were all very close from what I saw, I only hope I can get out of work to race. Got to go down as my favourite track so far, I could literally drive round it all day. Great work.

Shale could well be even better.. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kruiz 136
Added more drivel..

Superb track Wrighty and all who were involved, I had some racing with Jimmy, Marky, Fourwinds and a few others the other night and it was very close and very fast. Also when MoR & DanSkin were in, we came out of turn 2 went 3 wide down the back straight and all made turn 3 & 4 without spinning or even very much contact, I've never seen that before, sensational racing. It seems to be the only track where you can go in very wide but get enough speed out the corner to out drag race he guy who was on the inside becasue its difficult to find the grip coming out the corner using the inside line. We should see a very good UK Open there this Thursday as laptimes were all very close from what I saw, I only hope I can get out of work to race. Got to go down as my favourite track so far, I could literally drive round it all day. Great work.

I think when Wrighty releases Northampton next week that will provide similar racing as well.

I think when Wrighty releases Northampton next week that will provide similar racing as well.

Nope its cowdie

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..