Dreaded Windows Vista..

Colley

Hey,

Im currently a new user to the online racing scene, being showed by my boyfriend... he has asked me to sign up on this forum as currently my Mods? are not letting me connect to servers and crash prefoundly... Although there are rare occassions after trying several times that i can connect and race normally...

Firstly i am using the dreaded windows vista...

Secondly i use a dual processor...

What issues are surrounding me and in which way can i sort these problems if anyone would have a good idea or suggestion on how i can come around this problem?

Thanks guys

Colley x

To be honest i have not got a clue what the adminstrator is or what i need to do when it installs... will you be able to take some of your time to go through this so that my fiance or myself can fix the problem and i can enjoy my online racing trouble and problem free,

Thanks for the reply

xO

Someone I know has a similar problem. his game runs fine but cars dont show up correctly or not at all...but can still race :S...He is also on Dreaded Vista lol

Dont mean to steal your help lol, Thought would be easier posting here than making another thread

Cheers

hello

i will try help u

am on vista wen u download all the files click on ukdirt icon on ur desktop and click run administrator same with the car manager hope this helps if not everytime u download a file save it then run each file usin run administrator

hope 1c of these help lol

haggis

Hi Colley,

Is anyone helping you with this at the moment? If not I'll try and help.

I recently had a new system and run Vista Premium so know it's not completely straight forward to get the game running. I've only run Bangers on it so far but can't see any reason why the other mods should not work.

One bit of advise is go to the main UK Dirt site - http://www.ukdirt.co.uk/ , use 'Menu' on the left and go to 'League Information'/Servers/How to setup your PC for online gaming etc.

Download 'End it all' and 'Ad Aware' etc. These will close down unecessary programs running in the background which might affect your connection to a server.

You mentioned you're using dual processors, in some cases (not mine even though I have dual processors) you need to shut one down when playing Nascar heat. There are instructions on the forum on how to do that, a simple search will find it for you.

Hope this might help a little,

Woka Snr.

I would like to thank everyone who gave me help and i am now hoping that when my boyfriend trys to fix the problem he can do it very quickly thanks to the advice and help given.

Cheers

Colley xO

Someone I know has a similar problem. his game runs fine but cars dont show up correctly or not at all...but can still race :S...He is also on Dreaded Vista lol

Dont mean to steal your help lol, Thought would be easier posting here than making another thread

Cheers

It may have nothing to do with it but just a slightly similar experience/problem I had with the game...

I could run the game fine and all cars could be seen etc, but when I went to Options/Controls the page was unreadable, rolling graphics and I was unable to alter the settings at all as I couldn't see them. I eventually found that the image settings were set to high on the computer (not the game). I had an option of using a manual setting of high quality which I set to maximum, changing this option to 'Let the 3D application decide' fixed the problem. Just wondered if this was a similar problem, probably not but easily checked.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..