NIR V0.5 Released!

MoR137

Tried all different settings.

Got latest drivers.

Doing my head in now.

Works on desktop but not lappy and working away from tomorrow morning for two weeks so will miss both Euro's unless Mor or some other knowledgeable person finds a fix

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried all different settings.

Got latest drivers.

Doing my head in now.

Works on desktop but not lappy and working away from tomorrow morning for two weeks so will miss both Euro's unless Mor or some other knowledgeable person finds a fix

Well tried Beef, I'm sure the answers out there. At least if everyone trying posts what they have done it will help others a little. Hopefully both Euro's this Sunday and on Wednesday will be acheivable :coffee::thumbs_up:

Superb track MoR. Love it already and only done 20/30 laps.

Mine works fine, and I am afraid I dont know where to find all the data from. All I know is I run it on dx7, xp, and the full version of rfactor.

Cheers

Johno

Ok, i updated my ATI drivers up to the latest patch released in july 08 and ran the game on the settings i usually use with no joy.

Ive changed the DX level's (7,8,9)

Changed the screen resolutions (16 + 32bit) wit hthe different types of DX

Changed all my graphics settings to run the lowest possible with all the different DX levels

Tried running rfactor with VSync turned on and off (off is what i usually use)

Tried running the game in a window with all the different DX levels.

Tried using the "Auto" dx level.

Tried all 3 'Anti Aliasing' levels and "none" which was defualt didnt work either

I cant think of anything else i can try :(

Superb track MoR. Love it already and only done 20/30 laps.

Mine works fine, and I am afraid I dont know where to find all the data from. All I know is I run it on dx7, xp, and the full version of rfactor.

Cheers

Johno

I've done 200+laps on both Rods and F1 version and love it. The detail around the circuit is fantastic including the benches outside the bar, the hot dog stands etc and even bev greenhalf and paul gerrard in the commentary box with their baseball caps on to shade from the oncoming sunshine. Epic!!! track!!!, maybe a few vans, coaches, trailers, and the burger van in the pits is all thats missing! Oh and the entrance from the field near the pits toilets, but that can come easily with the full version lol

I didnt think anyone would get to the level of freeW, but I think you have surpassed it! I hope you have the time and motivation to make at least one more track m8.

PS I think Baarlow wud make a great addition now we have most modern day tracks :thumbup: (ie Buxton and Cowdenbeath are in hand for 2009!!) Hopefully Wrighty can try one more track as well following his sucess of Skeggie...after he's finished his other comittments tho hehe

Ok, i updated my ATI drivers up to the latest patch released in july 08 and ran the game on the settings i usually use with no joy.

Ive changed the DX level's (7,8,9)

Changed the screen resolutions (16 + 32bit) wit hthe different types of DX

Changed all my graphics settings to run the lowest possible with all the different DX levels

Tried running rfactor with VSync turned on and off (off is what i usually use)

Tried running the game in a window with all the different DX levels.

Tried using the "Auto" dx level.

Tried all 3 'Anti Aliasing' levels and "none" which was defualt didnt work either

I cant think of anything else i can try :(

Sometimes older drivers can work better.

Seems like you've tried most of the things you can though and that I wudda done. :shrug:

Maybe there is a program similar to 3DAnalyse that can bypass the shader problem??

Hello guys , you could try this program i use it to overclock my graphic card but it has an option to force shader 2 , i have tryed using it forcing shader 2 with the new track and it worked fine but then again i do have a nvidia card , maybe somebody could try it and post weither it works or not.

Anyway the Program is called Rivatuner here is the link.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/RivaTuner-v2.0...wnload-163.html#

i just read that some ati cards have limited options with rivatuner so it may or not work but it's all i can think of right now , just need somebody with an ati card to try it.

Edited by Paulp23

Oh well sorry fellas i thought i would post it , although i was not sure it would work with ati , i'll have another look and see if there is anything else.

silly question but you guys do have directX 9 installed right?

Edited by Paulp23

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I've only had chance to skim through the thread (on lunch break atm) but like looks like the ATI theory is looking good. How to fix it on the other hand is another question.

Allstar - you won't be able to find the file in question in the track folder because it is well packed into another one, so that would explain why you can't find it, but thanks for looking/reporting back anyway.

If I don't get 5 minutes to look at it tonight (likely) then i'll definately have a look late tomorrow evening and will get a PM out to you guys with problems with a download link to V0.6 for you to test for me if that is ok?

NIRPLVAR03 is texture varient for the silver plating/fence that I'll be piling Johno into on Thursday night, and it was made by one of my computer geek friends who is a genius with making textures and normal maps (must remember to credit him in the next installer..... ahem). The problem here is that he might have created them on something which lacks support for ATI cards. I have three ideas on how this can be fixed.

If none of them work then I will simply replace the texture on the plating to a super simple, solid, flat silver one for the time being, (hopefully) ensuring that everybody who wishes to race on Wednesday and Thursday can do (that is of course, presuming this texture is the only problematic one). So please please please don't let this affect your decision to book in and race for Wed/Thurs.

I'll try my best!

MoR

Extract the files in the atached zip file to your NIR directory, as default this will be C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Locations\NIR.

This is not an official fix and I do not have permission from Mor to post it so if he would like it removed I will do so.

Dam beat me to it, was just about to do that when I got home lol