NIR V0.5 Released!

MoR137

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all for the great comments, much appreciated.

Also, thanks to everybody whos posted to say its working/not working with some PC specs as well. Please keep them coming, and if anybody has any ideas as to what it could be (cheers Splinter/Hutch for trying already) then please add those to this thread. The fact it works on the majority and not others suggests its not liking certain PCs/configurations, which has me stumped as to quite how I fix it. I'm not able to look into it now until monday evening due to work and other commitments, so please keep the ideas and suggestions coming until then.

I'll keep scratching my head for now.

EDIT - One more thing to ask..... is anybody running rFactor Lite and NOT having problems with the track? I know Sparky is on a full install so the rFactor Lite theory is starting to go out the window..... but you never know.

Edited by MoR137

Ok i have an error whilst trying to laod the track also.

"Error Loading Texture NIRPLAT03 for material NIRPLVAR03"

I am running a full installation of normal rFactor with the most recent patch.

As Hutch seems to have a thoery, i am on ATI graphic drivers using a Radeon x300

Here are my game settings:

post-1012-1217685398.jpg

I've just had a look in my rfactor folder in the NIR track folder and i cant see the file that is creating the error, so possibly it could be a case of the extractor not extracting all of the files correctly?

If thats a stupid comment then just ignore.

Edited by The London Allstar

Think the problem must be down to graphix card.

Desktop nvidia working ok

Laptop ati with latest drivers not working

People got it working with xp, vista, full install and lite install.

Has anyone got it working with ATI card.

Edited by Mr Beef

Think the problem must be down to graphix card.

Desktop nvidia working ok

Laptop ati with latest drivers not working

People got it working with xp, vista, full install and lite install.

Has anyone got it working with ATI card.

I have but mine it a 1950 which does not have the shader error

Do you need to have support for shader 3 to run this track? If so, that could be my problem as I know my 'chipset' doesn't support shader level 3. It's a laptop so I can't really upgrade either :(

Edited by earache

Yup that seems to be the problem earache. Does not work with cards that don't support shader 3

Thanks for letting me know. I've a few games that don't work because the card doesn't support shader 3 :unsure:

seeing as its not the full version it may well be Allstar. but in the back of my mind i have doubts and thats the sort of question i for one would be asking Mor once he gets some spare time if i had that problem.

If anyone could get that program (or a similar one) to work, that I posted earlier, it bypasses certain shader problems for most games, I used to use it to get games working with graphics cards which in theory weren't supposed to work. You will have to research how to get it working with rfactor I am afraid though.

This is until MoR has time to check out whats causing the problem exactly.

Allstar the track has been 'packed' together so you will not find the individual file through windows but the game 'sees' it still and then the graphics card doesnt support the shader

I have had enough experience literally over the last 5 years with 4 ATI graphics cards to tell you its time to FU.C'K it off and get another brand. I liked their features at first but can tell you they are just gimmicks at a cheap price. Their incompatabilities with all sorts of hardware, applications & games have caused me hours, if not days, of frustrations.

Hopefully a fix will be sorted by MoR soon though.

I take it people have tried diff resoultion and tried the diff shader levels, DX7, DX8, DX9 etc then tried changing the texture filters and track details/shadow details in the game?

Its something thats hard to fix unless its happening to you. MoR hasnt got the problem on his pc so he cant check. I cant find much specific info on google tho :shrug: apart from loads of threads about ATI not supporting different shaders