NIR V0.5 Released!

MoR137

Hello all,

Sorry its only out at the last minute again, it didn't really come at the right time with the last month of college and a month of a new job right in the way, but I managed to get it done somehow! I did try and get it out on Tuesday evening but some teething troubles stopped that from happening. Still, those seem to be fixed now, so it's time to release!!!

As usual, this is a V0.5 release, so it has bits missing, some things don't work, and it's probably got a few teething troubles I haven't spotted quite yet. If you do spot anything wrong, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll evaluate if its worth fixing before Wednesday or whether it can wait until the full release.

You've probably just skipped to the link by now, but if you are still reading this I'd like to express thanks to following people:

- Drumbstick for the cracking AIW as per usual

- DanSkin, Grasser and LeeK for testing

- Demonstone for the use of his super recreation of the NIR logo.

LINK REMOVED AS 0.5 IS NOT THE LATEST VERSION ANYMORE

IMPORTANT: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THIS ON ANY OF UKDIRTS SERVERS UNTIL DANSKIN POSTS BELOW TO SAY OTHERWISE. THE ONE CURRENTLY ON JOLT IS OLD AND WILL CAUSE A MISMATCH!

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers

MoR

Edited by MoR137

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks :thumbup: I can't get the track to load though (HR version), I get this error, I've tried deleting it and redownloading & reinstalling a few times but I still have this problem :shrug: Does anyone know what causes this?

post-7063-1217636971.jpg

Thanks :thumbup: I can't get the track to load though (HR version), I get this error, I've tried deleting it and redownloading & reinstalling a few times but I still have this problem :shrug: Does anyone know what causes this?

post-7063-1217636971.jpg

i have the same problem

Tinman

Could everybody with the problem be a bit more specific as to what DX setting and graphics settings that are using please (Track detail specifically)?

I don't understand what the problem is - I went through and checked all DX settings worked, and neither me or the testers had any problems. Does everybody have rFactor v1250? Anybody use rFactor Lite? And also, as a long shot, anybody on Vista? I've just checked the material/texture in question and can't see any problems there, so I'm stumped.

If anybody has any ideas then please post them up - I've got very limited time at home atm.

Hi I am having same problem.

Works ok on desktop with xp sp2.

Will not load on laptop with vista, I have tried different settings and different dx's.

I have used clean d/load on lappy and the d/load from desktop neither work.

Only difference is desktop full install and lappy rfactor lite.

Hope you can help as I am working away next week so will be using lappy for euro's

Edited by Mr Beef

Track works fine here on DX 9,graphics card works fine to with it, NVIDIA Geforce 7600 GS and on full detail. Thanks to MOR for making this track,had a few shots this morning and its a awsome track,well done MOR :appl:

Thanks must also go to the lads that helped out.

I've got a laptop with XP SP2, I've tried the track on DX7 and DX9, also tried putting the detail up to full but no joy. The laptop uses 'Mobile Intel 945GM Chipset Family' 'display adapters', these have meant that a few other games didn't work on my computer though rFactor usually works ok with the details turned down to low.

I've got a laptop with XP SP2, I've tried the track on DX7 and DX9, also tried putting the detail up to full but no joy. The laptop uses 'Mobile Intel 945GM Chipset Family' 'display adapters', these have meant that a few other games didn't work on my computer though rFactor usually works ok with the details turned down to low.

Forgot to put that I'm running rFactor Lite but it's patched to the latest version.

If someone could run rFactor through a program called 3D-Analyse which should overide any incompatabilties with shader levels etc it might confirm its a hardware problem and a fix could be sorted.

I have used this is in the past to run games when the graphics card was missing shader details. PS If this is the case, dont blame rfactor or MoR its the crap designers of some of the cards. If you search through forums you will find a lot of detail about them.

I have a Geforce 8800GTS, rFlite, XPSP3, run dx9, high settings and havent any problems.

3D_Analyze.zip

Edited by splinter