Hacker slag thread

xTx

It isnt about banning anyone from anywhere, it's about double standards and you lot having one rule if your face fits and another if it doesn't, always has been the same.

My point being how can you justify one of your guys hacking our forum to obtain information yet you ban Plonk members for supposedly doing the same?

yes, yes, you mentioned that already several times but the fact remains you arent showing any EVIDENCE!!! The fact remains that who hacks YOUR board is YOUR business, but it does NOT give you the right to hack someone elses account!! (and bear in mind technically I believe you're in contravention of the Data Protection Act by accessing someones private account without their consent.....). Various admin members have already told you quite clearly on here that if you have proof that a UK Dirt member has hacked your account they'll receive a ban, but for God's sake will you stop this 'vigilante of justice' crap....you're accusing my friends and (unpaid) colleagues of hacking yet you aren't showing any PROOF!!!

Speaking from a purely selfush point of view that you probably don't give two sh*ts about, i'm part of a group who've spent two years of their free time producing mods for rFactor and this place was the main focus for that.....two years of unpaid free time making things that (some) people want to race within an organised league structure, so when you turn up for your meeting once a week you're seeing the tip of a bloody large iceberg. Here you are telling us that it's all corrupt because one of your mates thinks he's been unfairly banned.....APPEAL ffs!!! state your case and let admin state theirs, but for god's sakes try behaving like a grown-up instead of this pathetic 'well they did it to us' crap.

ps - i've been in LeeK's position where the same driver/s spoil your racing and i have 100% support for his case....you seem to forget that he's paid to race here, same as Steve and Nath did.....

so lets see your evidence eh? start putting your money where your mouth is instead of just braying on that 'you know who it was'........UK Dirt has operated for a long time and I hope, despite the damage you've caused here, that it will continue to do so.....if UK Dirt has to learn lessons from this episode i'm sure it will, but your 'face fits' argument really doesn't cut the mustard Vinny, lets see your proof so UK Dirt can deal with their 'hackers'

Hmmm,Ive been racing online for over 3 years,I originally started out at uk dirt,moved on to free leagues,built up a rep and im currently in the position i am now,I recently thought id make a return to uk dirt,since ive been back ive done 2 meetings in about 3 months, £7.50 a meeting,all i see day in,day out on this forum is crap,if i wanted to sit here and listen/read an absolute load of garbage id go sit in a nursery all day,But i dont so im off again,Theres some great people here but theres also a lot of twats,I doubt ill be returning........

Edited by nocturnalpulse

Wrighty, Vinnie isn't implicated, he's not caused damage as such.

nocturnalpulse, all you need to do to race is book in, download the updates and race, reading the carp is voluntary m8.

I started this thread because i feel criminals ignore, or are unaware of, the impact their crimes have on their victims. Numerous studies show that introducing criminals to their victims reduces recidivism dramatically. Pointing out that their prank caused distress, upset and unneccesary suffering could make hackers think twice about their actions.

That was when i thought this was a prank.

However, the evidence publically presented suggests a darker motive, an attempt to manipulate the philosophy of our admin through blackmail and corrupt activity.

The veracity of this evidence must be questioned. Is it possible that the individual that forwarded these screenshots could have written the text they contain? Does proof of Ryan or Woka acknowledging or agreeing with this text exist?

Furthermore this incident arose from activity on 2nd september 2008. Before you all react to recent events read through this thread and the Plonk responses in it;

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=29780

No complaint was put to banger Dp because the activity was within the rules, but outside of the spirit of the league. (Week in, week out i race in unlimited banger meets in my heavy chevy against 30-40 mk2 granada's, piloted by members who put competiteveness before the spirit of banger racing, then complain about their fellow racers left turning, leaning being lossy etc)

Knobby appears to be suggesting that he hopes those unfairly banned can return to racing here and i hope so too.

Plonk tactics have been lossy in my opinion. However success, in all sporting arenas, is acheived by exploring and exploiting the rules to gain the advantage that places you first, here is no different. Wheather cheating has occured is decided by the refs and subject to appeal. Until then i'll hold my scorn and ask Knobby, Lakey and MC to do the same.

In all honesty there seems to be some mass scare-mongering going on at the moment.

Hack the forum, hack pay-pal, hack ebay, hack the Hadron Collider!

The way that Ive so far seen things in the last 2 days, is that as it stands, 3 members have been ACCUSED of hacking.

The evidence posted on here:

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopi...t=0&start=0

does indeed show that somebody has at some point hacked into someones private mail account, but at ANOTHER forum, not this one.

However, this post/link does show that somebody did gain access/ pass on secret information posted on this forum and give it to one of the previous mentioned 3 members:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/theboss295/111111-1.jpg

After speaking to these 3 members ACCUSED of hacking, they have all strongly and flatly denied that they have played any part/attempted to hack into or gain access to any areas that they should not have been looking in/at.

They have insisted that they where forwarded these ' snippets' of information by A.N.Other person, very much it would seem in the same way that UK Dirt admin recived the original link posted above.

Im sure that where they capable of defending themselves here, which they can not at the moment, they would tell you all exactly the same thing AND after knowing 2 of them for the last 3/4 years, I would not doubt them in the very least.

For the sake of forum sanity, would it not be wise to stop all this he said/she said, hacked this, hacked that, busted my pay-pal account, brought down IBM, broke into the USAF Ballistic missile computer net and started WW3 B/S?

As far as Im aware, from the posts made by admin on this forum, investigations are still being made, so untill ALL information has been looked at, would it not be wise to just wait and see what ACTUALY happened?

In all honesty, from my viewpoint anyway, surely if someone had access to pay-pal account details etc, then they surely, by now, wouldve cleared them all out, totaly deleted the forum etc and now be sat on a beach somewhere sipping cocktails paid with by their ill earned gains, rather than waiting to see if they will be allowed to ever race this league again ?

Crewie

You forgot to mention that the databases of both ukdirt and the forum were deleted twice. Nothing innocent about that.

I do agree with that, but, I also strongly belive that those 3 currently accused of doing that, are not infact guilty also.

It seems that even by trying to calm things down, I am not doing the right thing. :banghead2: