rfactor probs

bobbert325

Hi there. When i play rfactor offline the game seems to go in and out of slow motion(like a freeze frame for a split second on and off). It works fine when i'm doing laps on my own but as soon as you do race weekend etc with other cars it does this. Any ideas as to why and if so how to fix it as i want to start f1 and hotrods soon.

Mind you i do need a f1 skin. Any takers to do me one please?

Many thanks

bobbert325

Edited by bobbert325

How more cars you add into your race, how the more its asking from your pc, so if you got an old computer with a lower video card and all that stuff it will maybe go in slowmotion like you said because your computer can't handle that much.

Ive got an video card of 1GB and its working all fine, dunno what you got...

I've done some research on that card and it says it has 128mb of onboard memory. That is the bare minimum for rFactor, I know as i had one of similar spec. Also how much RAM have you got? I had the exact same problem as you when I started. Try lowering all the settings as much as possible, if your settings are already on lowest its probably worth considering an upgrade.

I now have an nVidia 7950gt which does the job, they can be bought for less than £50 these days I would imagine, I paid £87 used about a year ago.

I had 1GB of RAM orginally but upgraded to 2GB, spending £15 on a 1GB stick of RAM.

Edited by Kruiz 136

Looks like rfactor is a no go for me then. :angry::839:

thanks for the help though.

bobbert325

:thumbs_down: Just to make sure have you put all the graphic settings down to low/off, shader level to dx7, resolution 800x600 and turned anti-aliasing off? It won't look as pretty but you might be able to play it..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..