Hacking Bans

kendo912

Hello to all UKDIRT members!!

Recently we have seen a number of hacking attempts made to UK Dirt and to individual members, this has been taken very seriously by us and we have worked continuously to keep any disruption to yourselves to a minimum.

Information, sent anonymously, which is shown below came our way that shows what these people will do to manipulate there surroundings so that they may gain from it.

post-99-1222634407_thumb.jpg

post-99-1222634424_thumb.jpg

post-99-1222634456_thumb.jpg

On examination of this evidence we have decided to apply the following:

Ryan: Banned for life

Rikard: Banned for life

Woka Snr: Banned for life

Subsequently, when re-examining appeals forwarded by NathF and SteveF, both of which written by Woka snr, and there behavior since there initial ban, it was intimated that it was due to there on track attentions to one particular driver, an admin member, The original complainant was never disclosed to them but still they were able to name and blame that individual. Therefore we feel that these two people were also party, either directly or indirectly, to the conspiracy to manipulate the decisions made by general admin members.

Therefore:

NathF: BAN LENGTH TO BE CONFIRMED

SteveF: BAN LENGTH TO BE CONFIRMED

Each member will be banned from both UK Dirt and the forum, any titles that each individual has won will be stripped from them, and any appeals to this decision will need to be received within 7 days of the ban coming into force. It is up to each individual to supply any relevent information pertinent to there appeal.

We have not arrived at this decision lightly and we do so for, what we believe, is the good of UK Dirt.

We, as general admin, all have a specific job within this community, we enforce the rules as laid down on the UK Dirt website we do that job voluntarily but when certain outside forces try to dictate the way that we do that job we have to act. There are 2 choices, we stand up for what we believe is right or let these individuals continue to corrupt our community. We have now reached a point where we are going to ask you whether we, as individual mod heads and as an admin team responsible for the control of this community, are doing a worthy enough job for both you, as members, and UK Dirt as a whole. We have provided you with screenshots that were sent to us anonymously, which is why we have acted as we have. You make your own mind up if we have acted for the good of UK Dirt.

Sad and pathetic ,lets get rid of the hackers once and for all !

Hi Guys,

I don't mean to cause any arguments etc. (I'm a lover not a fighter!) but how come Ryan, Rik's & Woka's forum accounts have been blocked so they cant even post a response? Surely they should be able to say their piece or is it one rule for one and another for everyone else? It's double standards that someone can hack into their accounts and see personal info?

We decided not to post any 'anonymous' screenshots that we have as we didn't want to harm UKDirt.

Cheers,

CC

Hi Guys,

I don't mean to cause any arguments etc. (I'm a lover not a fighter!) but how come Ryan, Rik's & Woka's forum accounts have been blocked so they cant even post a response? Surely they should be able to say their piece or is it one rule for one and another for everyone else? It's double standards that someone can hack into their accounts and see personal info?

We decided not to post any 'anonymous' screenshots that we have as we didn't want to harm UKDirt.

Cheers,

CC

On the flip side of that question, why should they be allowed to post?

Each of them have the option of appealing against a ban and we have given 7 days for that appeal to be recieved.

The appeal procedure is their chance to "say their piece".

Kendo,

Again, not trying to cause any more upset but from where I see it, its been started in public so it should be finished in public (bear with me on this).

Admin have decided to post the above screenshots so that everyone can see it, and now you want any appeals to be done via email direct to admin. Why can't the appeals be done on the forum for all to see, then everyone gets to see both sides and can make their own minds up.

(Sorry if its not very clear, getting sleepy!)

CC

posting hacked information from someone elses private account from another site isnt realy setting an example to get rid of hacking, in a way your condoning it.if it isnt right to hack it isnt right, all your saying on this post is its ok to do it as long as it isnt done to uk-dirt great example your making.

just thought you were trying to stop it not make yourselfs and those involved look bad.at the min the person who posted the above documents on this forum is as guilty as the hacker that stole rikards private information, your making public someones private information which is pointless ban them by all means but all this does is make a joke of what your trying to do to stop hacking congratulations you just gave another hacker an ego boost.

this post is doing more damage to your credibility by condoning the hacker.sort it behind closed doors and dont help the hackers get their kicks.

If that has what's gone on then yes they should be banned for life and I feel very sad that things have gone this way.

But I do feel they should be given the right to have thier appeals made public if they wish.

sort it behind closed doors

To be honest that is what we have tried not to do after being, from reading the screenshots, accused of doing things in an under hand way and doing it "behind closed doors".

If the bans had just been posted without any backup there would have been a major "them and us" thing going on with everyone wanting to know what had happened and perhaps passing judgement that is was just a unfounded witchhunt which is why the shots have been shown to everyone.

We nearly lost ALL of the forum a few weeks ago and VERY nearly lost the entire database (it was bascially deleted) thanks to hackers, it was only thanks to some resourceful thinking and a hell of a lot of work from MC and others that most of it was saved. If the database was totally lost then that would be it for UK Dirt, perhaps you may now realise why we have had to go down this path.

Believe me no one is condoning anything, simply put UK Dirt is refusing to be bullied and is trying to be as out in the open as much as possible to keep the members informed as much as we are able to.

We have already lost our head admin who, due to this, feels that UK Dirt is no longer something he wants to be a part of. He puts one hell of a lot of work into it behind the scenes for no return and gets this sort of treatment, that is why we have gone down this route.

UK Dirt has had enough, it is purely run for the members and it is these members that we feel have a right to be party to anything that is a threat to their environment.

UK Dirt has had enough, it is purely run for the members and it is these members that we feel have a right to be party to anything that is a threat to their environment

Exactly andy, ukdirt is run for the members, and NOT for the admin team who feel it is their god given right to win anything and everything in sight.

We KNOW what was going on behind closed doors at admin, and we have the evidence, but we chose NOT to post it publicly on a forum and condone hacking, like ukdirt has!!

The way things are going this year it has become apparent that admin will do anything to make things go their own way, banning people for no reason and with no evidence (Steve677 p s he has been racimg free leagues for a while so does exist!!) see screen shot, unsportsmanlike conduct, come on i mean ffs its bangers and it is CONTACT!!! Just proves the likes of leeK etc can't handle it when the pressure is turned on.

111111-1.jpg

Now you want to ban, for life, 2 people who have raced UK-Dirt for years and have supported the league through its ups and downs, purely because they had enough of the admin politics and bias against Plonk.

This simply makes ukdirt admin look pathetic and for MC to resign states fact that he has something to hide!!!

Edited by Vinny348

I have loads more screenshots that I can post, as it seems to be ok to do this so I won't worry about a ban?

Seems Leek, is throweing toys outta pram, u realise its a competition yh m8, you have to actually compete to win, it isnt handed to you on a silver platter?

lm635A5tmp-1.jpg

Edited by Vinny348

Also how can you use the excuse that you have to ban steve in case nath races as him, when you ban swnidy but let mish race? Same story of it being the same IP for 2 people?

It is always the same with you lot, its change the rules when it suits you!!

In my opinion i think you should continue to post them

If plonk feel that they have the evidence that puts members of the ukdirt admin team in a position that shows them being biased towards drivers for thier own benefit hen it needs to be shown and resolved.

However on the other hand i dont think you / plonk have an arguement as to "well you hacked our forum you should be banned too"

From what i read of the screenshots from rikard, it seems to me that plonk were desperate to do anything that would either incriminate the admin team and blackmail thier way into getting nat and steve unbanned.

The most important part.. I personally DONT BLAME either side... Firstly the ukdirt admin team should not have banned steve and nath if they were only doing it for thier own benefit, but at the same time the plonk members with access to the admin section that shouldnt have had access were also in the wrong and therefore both sides are as bad as each other.

A sad time for a league i have been a paid member for, for not a long amount of time which has resulted in one of the most dedicated member decide he has had enough. And for what, it basically boils down to who was going to win the banger points championship.

Shame as i like both drivers that are in contention for the title aswell...

Couple of days away and it all goes mad!!! Totally agree with all the bans serves them rite

thats what i think seems to happen, went away for the weekend down south to watch a banger meeting and everything goe's a-wall

Edited by wee dode

Couple of days away and it all goes mad!!! Totally agree with all the bans serves them rite

I think this could be the beginning of the end for ukdirt

Agreed

If they do the crime then they should be expected to do the time.

So yet another UKDirt member condones UKDirts hacking of our own forum?

At what point did you come to that conclusion and please explain how

So yet another UKDirt member condones UKDirts hacking of our own forum?

At what point did you come to that conclusion and please explain how

You said agree with the bans, serves them right, well UKDirt admin wasnt banned for hacking our forum, hacking is hacking, right? So from your statememnt you are saying its ok for UKDirt to hack, just when it gets hacked you dont like it?