Personal Details

Mr Beef

Just received this quick response from Counter

Hi m8

We are not fully certain what the hackers managed to get into, but they did get into both the forum and ukdirt databases to delete them.

There are no payment details in these databases - the part I'm most concerned about as I have to look after this for all the members.

What they probably could see is your ukdirt and forum registered email address and password.

Hopefully you do not use the same password for the forum and ukdirt or anything else, if so, I'd change them.

With well over 5,000 members in the database, it's more likely they were targetting Admin details than general members.

I wish this would just all go away, the Admin team are likely to.

Cheers

Counter

Mr Beef

Thanks for putting this up Mr Beef, I was just about to.

If anyone is interested in looking after the members funds, paying for the servers, forum, sponsorship etc when we have members more interested in hacking into our databases and deleting them, please get in touch with Head Admin --- oops, we don't have one at the moment.

After a few years of getting enjoyment out of this I decided to try and put something back in (raced about 5 times this year I think, £4 a meeting including NBT sponsorship).

Not sure it's worth the risk anymore.

Counter

Thanks for putting this up Mr Beef, I was just about to.

If anyone is interested in looking after the members funds, paying for the servers, forum, sponsorship etc when we have members more interested in hacking into our databases and deleting them, please get in touch with Head Admin --- oops, we don't have one at the moment.

After a few years of getting enjoyment out of this I decided to try and put something back in (raced about 5 times this year I think, £4 a meeting including NBT sponsorship).

Not sure it's worth the risk anymore.

Counter

i'm sure vinny'll be leaping forward to run the league m8, he seems so concerned that it's all run in a fair and reasonable manner.....

WHERE'S YOUR EVIDENCE VINNY? SHOW WHO HACKED IN TO PLONK PLEASE, WE WANT PROOF :thumbs_down:

A lot of us who just turn up & race like myself take u admin guys for granted far too much.All we do is, in some cases get someone to paint a skin for us,book in,download a skinpack every so often then race & thats it,but after whats going on at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if more of the admin guys follow MC & decide to jack it all in.A few idiots have gone out with the intention to ruin it for everyone else.And in my eyes they're very close to succeeding.As Counter said "Not sure it's worth the risk anymore."Hope i'm wrong though!

A lot of us who just turn up & race like myself take u admin guys for granted far too much.All we do is, in some cases get someone to paint a skin for us,book in,download a skinpack every so often then race & thats it,but after whats going on at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if more of the admin guys follow MC & decide to jack it all in.A few idiots have gone out with the intention to ruin it for everyone else.And in my eyes they're very close to succeeding.As Counter said "Not sure it's worth the risk anymore."Hope i'm wrong though!

i will still be here im not gonna let a few tits spoil my fun!

Aye same here mate, we can fight them together! lol

Aye same here mate, we can fight them together! lol

to bloody rite m8!

Is my account details safe or im I just daft in asking in that :unsure:

Read through all the topics, cant be bothered re looking to find somewhere to put a proper reply in so i'll just do it here....

Cant actually believe what I've been reading, feel somewhat dissappointed that people felt it neseccary to take such steps, hacking, blackmail????, over what at the end of the day is a PC!!!! game. With MC's resignation the League has lost one of its most dedicated members, MC was one of the first guys I remember when joining ukdirt(way back in 03 lol), having helped out with the Hotrods for a while ive got to learn how much it takes, with out dedicated members to help run the league it would fall down around us, so for a few people to do whats been done is rather unbelieveable to be honest.

Dont know any background to this all, been offline cause ive been moving to belfast, but to get back on and read this is frankly shocking tbh, the league, which is here for the fun and enjoyment off everyone, and a small group try to take that away, selfish, and I seem to recall one thing, UK Dirt was here long before any of the 'hacking members' will be here after too :king:

Thanks for all your work MC/the rest of the guys who've dedicated substancial amounts of time to this league, for the enjoyment of the rest of us!

simon

away to continue my uncaring student lifestyle now lol

I have an idea

Run a separate forum for Admin only Do not give out forum address.

Post only what you need to on members forum and change user password daily post user details on admin forum only.

its a [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] poor performance that i have suggested this because of the W A N K E R 5

<< :blink: are u gay? as i wonder what u had to type into google to get that up :blink:

want me to post the msn convo where u go on about avin a 73 year old :P:thumbup::P

:rofl: Don't ya love banter :thumbup:

P.S no I am not gay :o

<< :blink: are u gay? as i wonder what u had to type into google to get that up :blink:

want me to post the msn convo where u go on about avin a 73 year old :P:thumbup:

:rofl: Don't ya love banter :thumbup:

P.S no I am not gay :o

It was 83 year old I seem to recall Jimmy :blink:;)

Jon Muz - People just do not realise what "committment" it takes to run one meeting, let alone the whole UK Dirt community. I, in my time, have committed alot of time (as have many others no longer involved) to aid the running of UK Dirt, but gave it up because it didn't warrent the time I was putting in, for the crap given back. I recently gave up the F2 website because it is no longer worth my time keeping it updated, due to the "uncaringness" of the UK Dirt community. In my eyes, there are too many people who just want to "destroy" or "abuse" what UK Dirt is about, and not "Enjoy" it the way it has evolved. If we all turned up, had a laugh in chat, raced with respect but to each own personality, congratulated or "Booooooo'd" the winner and accept that racing incidents occur, then I am sure it would be the greatest enjoyment for Admin to run and will willingly dedicate their time too keeping UK Dirt alive. But alas it isn't, and I can only see the trust disappearing from all quarters of UK Dirt, and no-one will want to look after the community.

I don't know what the short term or long term answer is, but if more Admin members leave, who by the way have all been loyal, trustworthy & objective, then UK Dirt will deteriate and will die. You may say that there are plenty of people who will fill their shoes if they left, but I will think you will find that the "Mature" UK Dirters will not want the hassle, nor want to be thrown in without any experienced Admin members to guide them. This sadly leaves the "Immature" bunch who would not inspire me one bit to take part in anything that they organised, and I for one wouldn't trust them with the finances and hence would not sign up to re-join.

It is sole destroying to think that certain individuals would go so far to rectify what they believed to be a wrong. If it was real life would the "Hackers" hack into police computers to try and blackmail them over a guilty verdict if they thought it unfair??? If you didn't like the treatment you were getting, why didn't you put a case forward "with evidence" and if that then failed either publicly announce what was going on and let the members decide if Admin were in error. If the members agreed with you, Admin heads would have rolled, but if the members agreed with Admin, then you had two choices, leave or put it behind you and continue.

I have had many run in's with Admin, even when I was an Admin member, but looking back I can see how objective and fair they were, even when I was adament that I was right. I am still here (booooooo they say) and a 2nd tier admin member too. None of this is relevant now, as it has come this far, it is damaging to us all, and the way to recover is for the current members to "rally" round the current Admin members to continue with the good work that they do, and hope that those that have left/leaving are inspired enough to take back their positions and make this the best leagues in the country.

A little appreciation goes a long way - well it does for me :)

Aub - The only way it would spoil your fun is if they are attached to a female (of the human kind!!)!!!! :rofl:

Jon Muz - People just do not realise what "committment" it takes to run one meeting, let alone the whole UK Dirt community. I, in my time, have committed alot of time (as have many others no longer involved) to aid the running of UK Dirt, but gave it up because it didn't warrent the time I was putting in, for the crap given back. I recently gave up the F2 website because it is no longer worth my time keeping it updated, due to the "uncaringness" of the UK Dirt community. In my eyes, there are too many people who just want to "destroy" or "abuse" what UK Dirt is about, and not "Enjoy" it the way it has evolved. If we all turned up, had a laugh in chat, raced with respect but to each own personality, congratulated or "Booooooo'd" the winner and accept that racing incidents occur, then I am sure it would be the greatest enjoyment for Admin to run and will willingly dedicate their time too keeping UK Dirt alive. But alas it isn't, and I can only see the trust disappearing from all quarters of UK Dirt, and no-one will want to look after the community.

I don't know what the short term or long term answer is, but if more Admin members leave, who by the way have all been loyal, trustworthy & objective, then UK Dirt will deteriate and will die. You may say that there are plenty of people who will fill their shoes if they left, but I will think you will find that the "Mature" UK Dirters will not want the hassle, nor want to be thrown in without any experienced Admin members to guide them. This sadly leaves the "Immature" bunch who would not inspire me one bit to take part in anything that they organised, and I for one wouldn't trust them with the finances and hence would not sign up to re-join.

It is sole destroying to think that certain individuals would go so far to rectify what they believed to be a wrong. If it was real life would the "Hackers" hack into police computers to try and blackmail them over a guilty verdict if they thought it unfair??? If you didn't like the treatment you were getting, why didn't you put a case forward "with evidence" and if that then failed either publicly announce what was going on and let the members decide if Admin were in error. If the members agreed with you, Admin heads would have rolled, but if the members agreed with Admin, then you had two choices, leave or put it behind you and continue.

I have had many run in's with Admin, even when I was an Admin member, but looking back I can see how objective and fair they were, even when I was adament that I was right. I am still here (booooooo they say) and a 2nd tier admin member too. None of this is relevant now, as it has come this far, it is damaging to us all, and the way to recover is for the current members to "rally" round the current Admin members to continue with the good work that they do, and hope that those that have left/leaving are inspired enough to take back their positions and make this the best leagues in the country.

A little appreciation goes a long way - well it does for me :)

Aub - The only way it would spoil your fun is if they are attached to a female (of the human kind!!)!!!! :rofl:

no offence mav (i may be being a little slow ere as im not felling to good) but whats that mean lol

QUOTE :- "i will still be here im not gonna let a few tits spoil my fun!"

ANSWER :- "The only way it would spoil your fun is if they are attached to a female (of the human kind!!)!!!!" :rofl:

If you still don't get it........................... A women would entice you away from your fun, if it's fun she wanted!!!!!

QUOTE :- "i will still be here im not gonna let a few tits spoil my fun!"

ANSWER :- "The only way it would spoil your fun is if they are attached to a female (of the human kind!!)!!!!" :rofl:

If you still don't get it........................... A women would entice you away from your fun, if it's fun she wanted!!!!!

ah ha i see doh silly me :scared15:

It was 83 year old I seem to recall Jimmy :blink:;)

Now now kruiz don't deny you love a bit of the old mingers :o

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..