Norton

watto

Hi there,

Hope to get a few suggestions on this one please if possible. My norton internet security is coming up for renewal - I am running 2008. It has let me down on a couple of occassions in the last year and was thinking of changing to something else.

1. What does anyone else recommend?

2. How on earth can you remove all traces of norton from your system if I change protection as I would imagine it is more difficult to remove a protection program than a normal run of the mill program?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Watto

Hi there,

Hope to get a few suggestions on this one please if possible. My norton internet security is coming up for renewal - I am running 2008. It has let me down on a couple of occassions in the last year and was thinking of changing to something else.

1. What does anyone else recommend?

2. How on earth can you remove all traces of norton from your system if I change protection as I would imagine it is more difficult to remove a protection program than a normal run of the mill program?

Any help or advice appreciated.

Thanks

Watto

i use avg (7.5) with occasional adaware and spybot scans. In terms of removing norton, i've not had personal experience of it but i use ccleaner for general maintenance, its free and excellent for things like removing registry entries, startup instructions etc.

I have got ccleaner on my pc but how do I get it to remove Norton?

Go on the norton/symantec website....you need to install an un-installer for their cruddy software...it takes bloody ages for the program to work once youve download it, dont worry if it seems to be doing nothing...it took mine half an hour to start up.

I have got ccleaner on my pc but how do I get it to remove Norton?

if you open ccleaner, either by looking in yr start>all programs or right-click on the recycle bin (if you didnt untick stuff it attaches itself to the recycle bin, so u can right-click on the bin to open ccleaner) to open. When opened, there are buttons down the left-hand side for registry and tools. Firstly, if you've deleted norton, you can go into the registry section and look for redundant links to do with norton (always be careful in registry editors, if you're not sure, don't bin) and then in tools you can uninstall any files allied to norton, then click the startup button to remove any traces of norton in the startup routine.

ccleaner's an excellent tool m8, take the time to read the help, it'll see you right :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..