Baarlo Short

Mav

Having just had 30 minutes to start practicing said track - What is an AVERAGE lap time - not a Kruiz or a Hutch lap time, because they could race the long track and still be faster than my short track!!!! lol

I have got the normal bend off quite well, but the infield bend I struggle as I either cut the corner and fly off the tyres or go wide and start mowing the grass!!! Then if I do get round it, I then find myself coming onto the home straight sideways, cross the line then do a tank slapper on the armco and roll!!!

God help all you lot starting behind me - just one bit of advice - no need to hit me wait for the corners and then pass me!!!! lmao

So any guidance on how to get round will be laughed at but appreciated :thumbup:

ps Me and Lawny have come to an agreement - I pay for all the damage yet he will still build himself a new car for the 2009 season !!!

I think under 18.0 will be a good lap Mav. I don't want to scare you but my best is 17.2, although theres no chance of that in a race as that really is a perfect lap. About 17.5 or 17.6 will be an average lap for super stars in a race because as you say turn 3 & 4 a very difficult to get right. So as a rule a good white/yellow grade lap tends to be about .5/6 slower than that. My best advice is to go wide as you can then turn in to stop the car going out wide into the grass, then as close as you can to the tyres without hitting them on the way out, you don't need much power coming out as long as you get near the tyres and avoid the wall (which is very hard I know) it gives you a good line for the next corner. Obviously not going on the grass also helps give a faster lap too.

So if you take the corner reasonably slow, avoid the tyres, the grass and the wall you won't feel fast but it will be consistent, which is better.

Edited by Kruiz 136

Ta for the information Hutch.

Just doing the exe file for all those that cant get on rfactor central, but you may wish to download it from there.

Thanks very much to MADCOWIE for the track - I have heard it produces some superb racing so I am looking forward to hearing about it tomorrow evening.

Anyway, will be available in about 11.38 seconds.

Cheers

Johno

Thanks for the info Kruiz, but my best ie when all 4 wheels stayed on the track was 18.5 secs. most were late 19's early 20's - so I think I will just have to drive round smiling!!!!!

You make it sound simple Kruiz, so it must be - I'll try and stay off the fence, miss the tyres, keep off the fence and finally go slow enough that I am fast enough :thumbup:

God knows what I will be like when 14 other cars are on the track :5:

Should be good fun tomorrow night. :thumbs_up:

No problems Mav.

Also, just so that Hutch doesn't think Ive gone slow with a 17.2, my best now is 16.9, but thats just a flyer.

If anyones mastered the corner yet, do what I've said above, but on the turn in get your front left wheel only to go over the tyres on the inside, get the car to slide round, with the right rear on the grass verge and get it to straighten up pointing down the home straight, and get your left front wheel only then to go over the inside tyres on turn 4, use as little slide as possible coming out the corner.

If you do this, and obviously get turns 1 & 2 right aswell (stay tight, no sliding), you can take up to .4 off your lap times. It won't be possible in a race but its good fun trying to get the fastest laps I find lol.

Edited by Kruiz 136

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..