Suggestions for 2005

Dragon 428

• 3 weeks later...

Vroom vroom, bleep bleep. Any news on this topic? (little reminder for Admin of their "things to do list")

And in addition to the question. We are running without a chairman for a couple of weeks now (months?). Any news on this topic? Can the members have their saying/vote in that, can members be brought forward for chairman?

Dragon

Vroom vroom, bleep bleep. Any news on this topic? (little reminder for Admin of their "things to do list")

we have had a main meeting last week to discuss the points raised as well as other points. The info from this is to be sorted and published on the admin forum for final review before the points are prepared for implementation.

And in addition to the question. We are running without a chairman for a couple of weeks now (months?). Any news on this topic? Can the members have their saying/vote in that, can members be brought forward for chairman?

this wasnt really discussed - more info when we do lol smile.gif - the main purpose of last weeks meet was to discuss the suggestions thumbs_up.gif

cheers ..... Wrighty

• 2 weeks later...

yup me again too smile.gif

details from the meeting have been formalised and will be announced by the respective admin members shortly. Details of subscriptions etc are being checked atm and should also be announced in good time for us to re-subscribe - a final meeting is due to clear up outstanding details (but there arent very many tbh) and will be held soon.

many thanks ....... Wrighty

Thanks for the quick reply Wrighty smile.gif

But the reply on my 2nd question in my post about the Chairman remains silent?

Dragon

4841[/snapback]

YAWN... Could someone build a ring for Dragon to throw his hat into?

Here's one to occupy you in the meantime - posted on the old forum 29/11/04

I don't recall having this 'democracy' imposed on us when MC became chairman - are you saying he did such a poor job the members should seize control back?

Why do you want this change of policy? Come out into the open and stop sniping at admin from the book depository

Perhaps we should have a referendum about an election...

If we have a referendum/ election who can stand/ vote? jolt payers only, kev149 members, rsc members, uk dirt site members. I've got 2 accounts in each at my house can I have 2 votes?

YAWN... Could someone build a ring for Dragon to throw his hat into?

Lol, I am working on that at the moment in 3D Max, one of my next projects

Here's one to occupy you in the meantime - posted on the old forum 29/11/04

I don't recall having this 'democracy' imposed on us when MC became chairman - are you saying he did such a poor job the members should seize control back?

Why do you want this change of policy? Come out into the open and stop sniping at admin from the  book depository

Those arn't my words. Things have changed now. When MC became chairman all was for free.

We now have 2 Jolt servers and people have to pay for their membership. When money comes in I think that those who pay have a right as well (it isn't just me who wants that change in policy) If this league is all meant to keep it as close to real life as possible, why take a different route on this subject?

Come out in the open? What more can I do then post it here on the public forum? I don't send them private mails , or play hide an seek, as I think it is a matter for all the UK Dirt members. You call it sniping at the Admin, well it isn't sniping at the Admin, it's keeping their attention and stay sharp. 042.gif

Oh, thx Wrighty for that reply

edit: Bathyboy rightly pointed out in the post below that at the time MC became chairman, we already had a Jolt server to pay for. I realy thought MC stepped up as Chairman before Jolt, my mistake.

Edited by Dragon 428

They are my words mate, and I still think it needs answering...

Just been over to RSC and done a search on the word chairman.

Jamie G announced he was stepping down as chair on 10/4/03. A new admin team and MC as chair was announced on 10/10/03. Its worth checking because I can't believe we went that long without a chairman either.

We had 1 jolt for the 2003 season, MC brought in the suggestion thread as one of his first acts, and under his unelected chairmanship Admin made the decision to get a second jolt server for the 2004 season. That's 2 years of jolt payments without an elected chair.

If I may add a few comments:

When I stepped down the general feeling in the admin team was that a chairman wasn't really needed, hence no immediate replacement.

Time proved this to be the wrong choice, leading to a restructure and re-introduction of a chairman - MC.

Since MC stepped down, there has been a general reluctance for people to step into the role, due to the misguided belief that it is a very tough and time consuming role. This is largely down to the amount that myself and MC did for the league, and people thinking they have to take on everything that we did, rather than sharing the workload amonst the team.

The lack of chairman is proving a little detrimental at the moment, as there is no-one guiding the ship, and decisions are not being made promptly. I for one hope that a chairman is installed ASAP.

My final point is that you do not pay for membership to UK-Dirt, that is free. The fee that people pay is to be able to use the Jolt servers. They are not free. If they were, then there would be no fee for members to pay. Please also remember that not too long ago we ran leagues outside of Jolt to enable free racing. Due to the improved racing experience on Jolt the decision was made to move all the leagues onto it meaning we did no longer provide free racing, but that does not mean that there won't be any in the future either.

Paying the Jolt fee does not give enyone an automatic right to have a say on how the league is run. Saying so reminds me of the current situation in F1 Grand Prix with the manufacturers against Bernie. Giving control to the majority will mean running the leagues by committee and they will suffer as a consequence.

My final point is that you do not pay for membership to UK-Dirt, that is free.  The fee that people pay is to be able to use the Jolt servers. They are not free. If they were, then there would be no fee for members to pay.  Please also remember that not too long ago we ran leagues outside of Jolt to enable free racing. Due to the improved racing experience on Jolt the decision was made to move all the leagues onto it meaning we did no longer provide free racing, but that does not mean that there won't be any in the future either. 

Paying the Jolt fee does not give enyone an automatic right to have a say on how the league is run. 

4867[/snapback]

Will there ever be a detailed balance sheet shown to the contributing Jolt payers to show us how much money comes in per year and how much the Jolt Servers actually cost us to rent per year? shrug.gifshrug.gifcoffee.gif

Jamie G announced he was stepping down as chair on 10/4/03. A new admin team and MC as chair was announced on 10/10/03. Its worth checking because I can't believe we went that long without a chairman either.

Believe it m8...........we didnt have a chairman for those 6 months

We had 1 jolt for the 2003 season, MC brought in the suggestion thread as one of his first acts, and under his unelected chairmanship Admin made the decision to get a second jolt server for the 2004 season. That's 2 years of jolt payments without an elected chair.

4862[/snapback]

Just a brief explanation on how things started with JOLT:

I started the search for a server around the end of the season in 2002......I did this on my own, since I got sick and tired of the warp-issues and only 10-12 cars at a time on track.

I found one close to christmas 2002 and the decision was made to have a test-period of 1 month

A few volunteers chipped in to pay for this and we used it.

After the test-period a poll was held where ALL of the members could vote for yes or no. http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=68133

The majority said YES, so in feb 2003 we got our 1st JOLT-server and tests were done with all the leagues.......the ones we had at the present time.

Beginning of 2003 Jamie stepped down as chairman.

So did Johnmid, Dragon, Skeet & Big Al........as admin-members.

New members came onboard.....Spike, Albertz, Kev, Travel & AndyH amongst others.

We kept going for 6 months, before the decision was made that we needed a chairman.

So a vote was held within the admin-team and I was elected as chairman.

Late 2003 the decision was made that we needed a 2nd server due to the amount of leagues that we had.

So we did and thats were we are at the present moment.

I was going to apologise to Jamie and MC for dragging them into this by mentioning them, but what they have added has cleared some things up I think. Jamie's point about prompt decision making is amply illustrated by this thread.

I think MC did a great job as chairman, and I have been defending the system which put him in that position. I'm sure whoever takes over, however and whenever they are appointed, will do just as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..