So who is f2 world champion now lol

Aub

from brisca f2

Brisca F2 has been informed by the 2008 Formula Two Stock Car World Champion, Ian Thompson(901) that he is relinquishing the title, and returning the trophies and prizes awarded to him.

Assuming Ian hasn't kept i dueto the fact he will only be remembered by the 'default' winner because of all this controversy, he has deciced he doesn't want to be remembered by that, and I don't blame him, I doubt Luscombe would want it either, for the same reasons. I can see there being no Wolrd Champ next year, or it given back to Sworder, my bet is on no Gold Roof.

Assuming Ian hasn't kept i dueto the fact he will only be remembered by the 'default' winner because of all this controversy, he has deciced he doesn't want to be remembered by that, and I don't blame him, I doubt Luscombe would want it either, for the same reasons. I can see there being no Wolrd Champ next year, or it given back to Sworder, my bet is on no Gold Roof.

give the boy a prize....spot on kruiz my lad, what i said all along about it.

the only guy that deserved to wear the gold is ian but if he decided he doesnt deserve it in that way then the gold is de-funked, why would 642 wear it if he was 3rd in the cue, he wouldnt want it either.

no roof for 2009 and thats be that unfortunitly.

I dont understand all this default winner rubbish..... the bottom line is the guy that crossed the line first cheated and thus raced against the rules. The first guy that came across the line with a fully legal car was Ian Thompson Junior, and thus, he is the World Champion.

I also think that it is a total joke that 4 months later is the right time to decide to give up the World Title. As he is family, there is no doubt that he would have known the ins and outs from the start (as some people claim that there is more to know), but to wait 4 months to decide to vacate it is a joke.

Aomeone on another forum I read said that BriSCA F2 shouls ban him. Well I think that if I was rnning the show, I quite possibily would, because to perade around with the trophy and the roof, and then just turn round and say I dont want it is a utter joke.

If he really is going back to Hot Rods, then lets hope he never returns to F2 again. A total and utter disgrace he is.

Johno

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..