Vista and Dual Core.....

crewie

My missus bought me a new laptop for xmas.

Ive installed Rfactor with no problems, so far, but heats not been so straight forward.

Offline I can use the banger mod with no problem, but, if I try to use the car file manager, I get the message

" Component ' MSINET.OXC' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid".

Ive also installed the swiss knife NH ML2 tool, and that tells me:

"ML2 is pointed into the wrong folder.

Please choose " Locate NHeat..." from " file " menu and browse to Run/Data folder again.

Then restart MOD Launcher 2.

Application has been frozen".

Ive also heard that as its a dul core, one may need to be switched off? before being able to play heat online, is this true and if so, how does a pc dumbo go about doing that?

Cheers, the pee bag. :thumbup:

dual core will be fine crewie, when ure next on msn i will send you the MSINET.OXC file.

u dont need msinet.ocx file. just right click th banger application and clik run as administrator and hey presto. worked wif me.

and with NH mod launcher 2. just browse throo your files to the run folder and thats it. its vista thts th problem with these things. hope this works

Crewie I never used to have any probs with dual core but since getting back online up here its been a pain with me regularly booted from servers if I forget to change the core settings.

Its a piece of FILTERED to sort as long as you remember before your first heat lol

Cheers for the ' right click and run as administrator' advise, that works great! :thumbup:

Still cant get the mod launcher to work, even after pointing the ruddy thing to the right folder with the run/ command..it always seems to reset itself to pointing at my desktop for some un-known reason. :shrug:

Another problem I have is that all the cars in game seem to have most or part of them missing from view. :blink:

If Id known Vista was going to cause this much trouble, I wouldve deleted it and installed XP....unfortunately Ive installed to much stuff on the poxy thing now to go and delete it all. :banghead2:

Edited by crewie

Evening,

I am just about to purchase a laptop - have been looking. Is it best to have an Nvida graphics card. If so which one is best?

Also this whole dual core/vista thing worries me - can't be without my heat!!!

Thanks

Cheers for the ' right click and run as administrator' advise, that works great! :thumbup:

Still cant get the mod launcher to work, even after pointing the ruddy thing to the right folder with the run/ command..it always seems to reset itself to pointing at my desktop for some un-known reason. :shrug:

Another problem I have is that all the cars in game seem to have most or part of them missing from view. :blink:

If Id known Vista was going to cause this much trouble, I wouldve deleted it and installed XP....unfortunately Ive installed to much stuff on the poxy thing now to go and delete it all. :banghead2:

Hi Crewie, over Xmas i bought a new desktop, runs 2 dual core processors and 32 bit vista, ukdirt runs perfectly, no conflicts at all, prob is down to your graphics card mate.

All sorted now guys, well everything apart from the mod launcher, but that can wait.

It was the graphics card driver, aparently some laptop manufacturers dont like you using the graphics card manufacturer updates unless they are released by them only.

They code something into your graphics card so that it wont accept any ugrades apart from theirs.

That is, unless you go here and follow the instructions, thanks go to Welly who originaly posted this link a while ago.

http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php

Cheers for the other help guys! :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..