no cd patch? is there one?

Nezza46

hi guys,

thought it was about time I updated into the next century of ukdirt, so just bought rfactor on dvd (version 1.255) rather than download it as it was only 17 quid off amazon. brand new and works fine. got a wheel and pedals on order as well so hopefully be joining you all online soon.

Just wondered if there is any way of playing it without the cd being in the cd drive?

I have had a search on here, rfactor central and googled it, but have not found anything? so apologies if there is a glaringly obvious one that i have missed lol

cheers for any help,

nez

Not sure if I will be any help.

I don't think you will need the cd in the cd drive to play it as it should be installed on your pc and should have a desktop icon to load it up when you click. Have you tried loading it up without the cd in the cd drive ? Thought I might ask.

Good to hear you may be doing rfactor soon :thumbs_up:

Walker

Edit: Heres a dvd patch,not sure if its what you looking for :unsure:

http://downloads.imagespaceinc.com/rFactor...F-SD-Update.zip

Edited by Walker363

thanks Walker, but i am not sure what to do with that lol.

there seems to be three things in that update, 2 are .exe's but I dont know what they do? do you have any more info on what they are at all?

on dvd the game does install onto the harddrive with a desktop icon, but the game will not run without the disk in the disk drive.

I am a bit concerned that running with the disk in the drive may use up some of the processor power, and ultimately don't want to cause any warp by having unneccesary things running in the background.

any advice on this will be gratefully recieved.

cheers,

nez

sounds stupid but do i not need to worry about having the disk in the drive then? it wont cause any problems running online etc?

No, should be fine...a lot of sims out now use the disc in the drive. GTR2 and GT Legends to name 2. Both run online fine with it in.

thanks lads thats great.. ta for the help

also i m doing the updates needed and I frequently see ....You will also find in your rFactorUserData"Your Player Name" folder a file called F1Stockcars.cch and F1Stockcars_league.cch. It is highly recommended that you delete these files!!!! ... I do not have a file called nezza46 in this location for some reason ..do i need to activate something first to create this folder?

found them in 'my documents' for some reason. just looked at another thread and this seems to be a vista thing?

If you are installing from fresh (ie - never run the mod before at all on your pc) then you don't have to delete any files like that...its only if you have been running a previous version of the mod as it keeps a record of what you've bought in game etc. This conflicts sometimes so it's best to delete this prior to any update.

thanks guys for all the help :)

blimey i feel like a newbie again with so many 'probably' daft questions lol

just need my wheel to turn up now as the pad is making me dizzy going round in circles, and will see you all online soon

thanks again,

nez

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..