Direct 3D Problem

stig727

hi,

recently skitzos pc went down and wouldnt load windows on start up (possibly caused by losing a driver/.dll file - i dont know much about them but i think theyre the drivers).

anyhow he managed to get it running and when he is on the web and scrolls down it scrolls in jumps instead of being a smooth movement and pics load up in windows picture/fax viewer from the top to the bottom. also when running nascar heat he got the message below. he has since been told to download directX so he downloaded and installed version 9 and it says it doesnt support 3d graphics (which we are assuming is stoppin the web browser from scrolling etc). he has searched for direct3d and he doesnt know what graphics card is in his pc so cant download the correct one.

heres a screen shot

post-6678-1231191812_thumb.jpg

we would appreciate it if some computer wizard could get him up and racing agian.

thanks in advance

(ps he asked me to show off the smashed stinkbridge he has as his desktop)

Edited by stig727

When trying to get my laptop graphics driver updated, someone on the the drivers site advised me to un-install the current driver and then try to install the new one.

I did that and got the same message as Skitzo.

Try a system restore to a point where he didnt have the problems or contact whoevers graphics card hes using.

I'm not really a computer whizz, I only know the odd bit or two, but I seem to remember a problem like this before (can't remember under what circumstances, it was a few years back, maybe my first reformat) but it was cured by downloading the latest drivers for my graphics card.... nVidia website will be the place to go if it is an nVidia card.

Hope this helps, I'm probably wrong but like I say, I do remember having this problem.

thanks so far, but skitzo doesnt really want to do a full restore intalling windows againg only did that a few month back after hard drive failure and he's not entirely sure what graphics car is in it (he doesnt know what it looks like when you open the casing up and doesnt know where else to look as in controll panel not else where away from the pc)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..