Buxton Tonight

Johno3

Hello Guys,

Dont forget there is an rfactor meeting tonight which takes place at Buxton. Start time is 8:30pm, and currently we have 14 drivers bookedin, so it will be all in. Looking at who is racing and who is not, I would probably expect a few more to book in before the end of the night.

Can you post late bookings on here please too.

Cheers

Johno

Well I really enjoyed tonight even though i got spun a fair bit.

Obviously I pi**ed a couple of people off in the GN.. Feel free to lodge a complaint or whatever, quite happy for the admins to decide if it was unacceptable and to take whatever penalty. Last race, last bend, last corner, neither of you took any avoiding action and I'd driven my arse off to get into 3rd!

Edited by matthew413

aint gonna complain mate thought is was a bit crap but hey finished now, but me and allstar drove our arses off too i think u aint alone there. didnt take any avoiding action coz allstar went in to another car and you was miles behind so i guess its my fault i went from 2nd to 6th and being put on top of fence lol

Yeah, we both took our normal lines because there was a good gap there and we wernt expecting a car to come flatout across the kerbs at us!

I was expecting a punt from dave and left the braking as late as i could which caused me to get sideways, but i wasnt expecting to get nailed like in bangers :/

Well thats it Kruiz, I saw the win there for the taking and I don't win many races - that was the first sniff of a victory I've had for months.

I've been taken out from a lap down, been caught up with backmarkers many times before and I know how frustrating it is so I apologise to dave and allstar if I annoyed them, look forward to the next race and any payback :)

peace

Aye I think the Dave rolling makes it looks worse than it was, you let off for s split second at the braking point, then decided you could probably make it, then let off again a reasonable distance before you hit Dave, therefore, it wasn't a follow in, just a hard hit as Matthew knew he had to make Dave go into Allstar for him to be able to make the pass, Dave was unlucky, you have to put that down to the unpredictability of stock car racing, but in my book there was a perfectly fair last bend challenge. If Matthew had not lifted at all going into the bend even after hitting Dave then that would be unjust I think, but the way he did it looked Ok to me, and it certainly worked for him! Good hit, unlucky Dave & Allstar. Up o you if you feel revenge in neccasary but it didn't look in the slightest bit malicious to me.

Having just got home from work and cooled off a bit, i re watched the replay of last nights GN and do agree with what kruiz has said to an extent. However i still don't think the hit was fair, but like has been said as it was the last bend and had the oppourtunity of getting the win as a result i can see why you did it matthew. I didnt think this sort of thing happened on the ukdirt F1's but then again it's next to never that im leading going into the last bend anyway to experience it. Like i said earlier, to become competative it seems i'm going to have to re think my approach to racing, i've always said to myself as a rule that if i hit some hard enough to make them hit the wall at speed then it's too hard, if they hit the wall but can get thier speed down enough to bounce off it and carry on without loosing too much time then its ok. When i'm racing i treat most of the people on the grid with respect, as i feel if you have a good clean race with them, they will return the favour and in msot cases thats correct, however there is always an exception lol. I'l admit in my rage last night i did send in a complaint about it, but i'l think il withdraw it and put this behind. Sorry matthew for loosing it a bit last night, but well as you said "i worked bloody hard to get up into 3rd" as did myself and Dave to keep ahead of the pack for the whole race :)

Cheers.

Like I said, I never really expected to make contact but went in fast anyway just in case, then as you got tangled up I realised I could so just went for it. Obviously I realised it was a very hard hit, bordering on being too hard otherwise I wouldn't have posted on here. And like you, I'm all for clean racing in a normal situation, but the last bend is different in my opinion.

I'm not apologising for the move as such, but I am sorry if it ruined your evening as I know it leaves a bitter taste.

I would say it was a very very edge of the borderline hit for a last bender, any harder it would of been unfair, any other situation it would of been unfair, I've been on the end of some hits that were a lot harder on the last bend ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..