Hitman Hutchinson

Dazza290

With the season well and truly finished, and a couple of months before the new one gets underway, I thought it would be a great time to talk to the current rFactor World Champion, National Points Champion, European Champion and Grand National Champion……Gary ‘Hutch’ Hutchinson #331.

post-178-1231696824_thumb.jpg

Hutch has been about the rFactor F1 scene ever since it emerged, even at the start you knew this man could drive and more importantly win titles. Things didn’t get off to the best of starts though losing the ‘Winter Series’ by a few points to rival Drumbstick, although everyone got to see how much of threat he was. With Drumbstick not being able to race a alot, it was pretty much left to Hutch to clean up in the 2008 season. Below are a few questions in which the Multi-title holder has given answer to. Read on …………

post-178-1231696805_thumb.jpg

Where do we start, World Champion, National Points Champion, European Champion and Grand National Champion. It’s been quite a year; do you think you could have improved anywhere?

What can i say....I can't see how I could have improved in anyway, I’ve probably achieved more than I thought I could. To win what I have this year have far surpassed expectations and I’m really happy with how the season ran. Although I’d have liked to have claimed the Scottish Championship at Knockhill, but due to someone getting me banned for or 3 weeks this didn’t happen.

You have mentioned before that your best achievement was winning the European title race. Any particular reason why this was your best moment?

Starting last on the grid always makes it hard, but Northampton is one of the hardest places to pass other drivers making it a near almost impossible feat. I did get a couple of lucky breaks though, helped by other drivers battling for position and I definitely took the lead at the right time with 3 laps to go. Without doubt my hardest win yet.

post-178-1231696736_thumb.jpg

You seem to be at home on either Tarmac or Shale, do you have a preference for a surface or do you enjoy racing both?

I enjoy racing on both Tarmac and Shale as both require different styles, and although I prefer some tracks over others, I don’t really have a preference on which surface is coming up next in the fixtures.

With that in mind, what is your favourite track?

My favourite track is Sheffield. It’s the place where I’ve enjoyed the racing the most with some good battles, even when Kruiz got me last lap in the meeting final at the GNC it was a cracking race. It’s big, has fairly wide bends but narrow straights, car control is vital as one slip up and its game over.

post-178-1231696647_thumb.jpg

And your least favourite track?

Northampton, one of the hardest tracks to pass as I’ve mentioned before, people seem to run the wall once you put them wide or if you do get passed your more than likely heading into the wall from the person you've passed the previous bend. It certainly fills the swear jar up when racing anyway!

You recently cleaned up at the Uk Dirt Awards, was it a pleasing moment that so many drivers have taken note of your abilities through the year?

Of course, It’s really nice to see that especially after all the effort I put in paid off. The people I’d like to thank most of all are my mechanic’s and skin painters!

post-178-1231696769_thumb.jpg

Looking forward to the 09 season, who do you see as your biggest rivals and why?

Well the 09 season should be more competitive than 08, new wheels pc's ......... I could notice who was getting quicker at the end of the year and probably the 5 guys who will do well in my eyes are

Marten #291... Well I’ve taught the lad all I know (Lol), maybe I’ve given him to many tips....... if he break's away from me I struggle to reel him in. One of the hardest to catch if you can ........he is on pace with me and will do well next year.

Mor #137, the lads a bit of a tight arse but father Xmas brought him a G25.... he was quick with the sidewinder so should find more consistency now.... he'll be even faster when he fixes the lod’s and buys a new graphics card!

Dazza #290, always on the pace but seems to hit trouble amongst the packs, once he gets some luck he'll be in with a shout at all the titles.

Grasser #233, probably the one I’ve noticed more than the rest, he seems to be finding his feet now and stringing some good laps together. One to keep an eye on for sure in the 09 season.

Kruiz #136, What can I say? He’s like head lice........

post-178-1231696719_thumb.jpg

Do you still have the enthusiasm to try for even greater things in 09?

Well it all depends on how good these F2's are as being more of an F2 fan in real life I’d like to give them a good crack. We will see how the mod turns out, but who really knows what the future holds?

This concludes the interview for now, maybe we will try and catch up with Hutch mid-way through next years season to see if he is still racing and how he is getting on. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Hutch for spending some time with us for his thoughts on the current racing and what the future may hold.

See you soon,

Dazzler (on behalf of the rFactor Uk Dirt Admin team)

post-178-1231696700_thumb.jpg

post-178-1231696790_thumb.jpg

Good read Dazza & Hutch, would of liked to know who his favourite celebrity and what his food is though (no need to ask what drink, hes scottish lol) ;)

Can't think what he means by 'headlice' I suppose I could do with a haircut.. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to some more Dazza :appl:

Dazza had inform the admin team that he had something like this in the pipeline, but I think that really is fantastic.

Top stuff Dazza, and superbly prepared and reported. Some superb action picture shots as well.

Thanks very much to HUtch s well, for taking the time to do the interview. I do hope he is around to try and defend the gold and silver, as I think this could well be a cracking season!!

Well done once again to HUtch, and superb job Dazza!!

Cheers

Johno

Imagine spelling my name wrong :lol:

I cant believe how polite you have been your usually an OBNOXIOUS FANNY :042:

Edited by Cod120

Great interview, made for some interesting reading...... and I'm not a tight arse..... :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..