F2 #31

Simon31

Hello all starting a new thread for this, instead of the uploading in the Rebuild one i made! would like to say thanks to all whats helped me get this ready, they no who they are! i must say i am very proud of this as ive never done anything like this before! ill stop babbling on now and heres the shots of her ready to do battle, would like to say thanks samways signs for a fantastic job on the car! sorry pics are a bit blurry ill upload better ones when i have them.

Before

post-243-1232923136.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
looks great, i think the wing suits the car tbh wouldnt bother about a lightweight one :thumbup:

Andy ford lightweight wings are the way to go :thumbup:

Aye if you've got a few hundred quid spare. Mine looks an awful lot worse than that lol took us a day to straight it out. :rofl: I wouldn't want to know how heavy it is now with all the reinforcments on it, but as long as it goes it'll do me :)

Looking good Si

They do work on shale, when Bert bought out his retro looking car it didnt have a wing on but he soon stuck one on it. I like the look of cars without wings but it does make you very easy to pick out in a race when someone wants revenge!

The car`s looking great Si, good luck this season.

Yep I remember that Mart, the wing ruined the look of that car but it certainly seemed to make a difference. Most people say the wing gives you more rear end grip, whether it does effect the lap times or not I don't know, with F2s being as finley balanced as they are i expect the position weight of the wing (front or rear mounted) is more of a setup issue than the down force it gives.

Walker ill pm you my address and you can order me one and pay and you just send it down lol! the fin looks fine imho now its got some nice signwrting! thanks for the kind words, really did put a smile on mine and my old mans face yesterday as we have done alot to the car and see it go round was real nice to see, not one of these rich people who can order one and just drive it lol, basiclly me, my dad, my cousin and uncle did all the work and a close freind of ours stuck her on the scales and set her up, and she was handling perfect for me, and got her reving at well at the end of the day!

Si#31

Nice pics si good to see it on track.

I also agree that the aerofoils dont make that much difference, we have been planning a new idea for my aerofoil for the coming year on the rod but on a short oval we just dont go that fast for it to take a major effect.

The only thing i would worry about is that if i had one on there i would make sure its as light as pos !!!

If someone said to you just carry this bag of cement in the back you would say no way it will slow me down, well it is no different to carrying heavy componnts on the car and if it is high like a aerofoil then changes centre of gravity and puts extra weight up high when really you want it all as low as pos.

All this is just my view that we been finding on the national.

Cheers jay

Chill guys I was having a laugh.

Just from my opinion I think andy ford lightweight wings are good. Folk that take folks views to serious honestly :shrug:

Edited by Walker363

no one is having ago walker just having a laugh and some points made are very good points, the wing isnt that heavy i can easlily shift it on my own (even tho it is old, it was sarah bowdons old fin), Jay dont have a f2 fin on may make you look out of place lol,

oooo and if anyone whats to give me some free tyres just send em down lol

Si#231

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..