converting for rfactor using psp9?

hazy

hi

i'm trying to convert using paintshop pro 9

unfortunatley i'm having trouble saving as dds file type - the dds convertor is only listed as working for photoshop on the skipainting guide on the website!

sorry if i've posted a newbie question but it's really bugging me know - i've also searche dthe web for pluggin instructions on how to do it but they allways reference downloadable files that aren't there (or i cant see LOL)

any help greatfully recieved

thanks in advance

hi

i'm trying to convert using paintshop pro 9

unfortunatley i'm having trouble saving as dds file type - the dds convertor is only listed as working for photoshop on the skipainting guide on the website!

sorry if i've posted a newbie question but it's really bugging me know - i've also searche dthe web for pluggin instructions on how to do it but they allways reference downloadable files that aren't there (or i cant see LOL)

any help greatfully recieved

thanks in advance

it still works in the same way for psp m8, just drop the dds converter into your psp9/plugins folder (i think, its been a while since i installed mine) but i only work in psp and the dds converter works perfectly for me........its the ideas for the skins that usually lets me down ;)

<added>

found MoRs painting thread for rF which includes the download link and an explanation for installing the plugin for psp :thumbs_up:

Edited by wrighty496

sorry still very confused put both the new and older versions in (at seperate times) in all diferent places bit still nowt happening?

i see in the tutorial it says it's tempremental but ??

if anyone can give me exact file location i need to put the files into it would be muchly appreciated

Hi Hazy, I had the same problem and got so fed up, I gave up!

After 12 months of " I cant be arsed with that" I finaly tried again and managed to get it to work.

I googled for a DDS converter, and the download I found, was similar to the file downloads to do with SOD, in other words, the programs where in the same named folders that they needed to be ' placed' in when in your PSP folder.

Im sorry that I cant remember what site I used unfortunately, but as I said, just google it.

You then need to place the programs in the plug-ins folder in your PSP folder:

Start - My Computer - C: - Program Files - Jasc Software Inc - Paint Shop Pro - PlugIns - Plug-Ins - then place the relevant programs in the ' File format' and 'filter' folders.

Once thats done, just open the PSP program and try to save a DDS, if you get the NVIDIA drop down box, it should all be OK, just make sure the settings are then the same as the ones on the UK Dirt Website RFactor skin painting guide.

Its all abit of a long winded process if you do it this way, but it worked for me! :thumbup:

thanks for your reply's lads

i think i'm sorted - got a covertor like allstar has suggested - once i check i can get i working in the game i'll load the detals so others can get the help i needed

thanks again all

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..