Northampton Results (5/2/2009)

Johno3

Good Evening Guys,

Well what a way to finish a cracking Winter Series, with a hard fought meeting.

THE MEETING

Congratulations to Kruiz on taking tonights meeting final. To night was not a night for the higher grade drivers, but Kruiz showed his class by driving a consistant race in the final to take a cracking victory.

The points for the meeting itself was very even, but Tom D was to shave it, and be the top points score for the meeting.

Other winners on the night was Walker, Dode, Tinman and Dave in the heats, with Dode taking his second win of the night in the grand national.

Results:

Heat 1: 363 291 151 112 2 3 136 288 8 561

Heat 2: 151 112 315 561 290 8 531 288 137 136

Heat 3: 48 112 136 290 3 531 488 291 137 216

Heat 4: 488 48 315 8 531 290 291 137 363 2

A-Final: 136 291 531 216 106 8 2 112 290 151

GN 1: 151 363 112 531 315 8 291 137 290 2

36 pts 112 Tom D

35 pts 291 Marten

35 pts 531 Lee

34 pts 136 Kruiz

30 pts 151 dode

27 pts 8 tosh874

21 pts 290 Dazza

19 pts 315 Sybe

19 pts 363 razza

17 pts 2 Michael

17 pts 216 Speedtech

15 pts 48 Tinman

14 pts 106 Albz

10 pts 488 dave

7 pts 3 Johno

7 pts 137 MoR

6 pts 561 Murf

2 pts 288 Ironmac

0 pts 46 Nezza

0 pts 126 Leech

0 pts 300 Matty

0 pts 435 Mart

0 pts 507 Neil

THE POINT BATTLE

By the time last night was over, the point battle was down to 2 people: Tosh and Dave.

At the start of the meeting, there was only 10 points in it, and by the time the heats had finished, there was only 9.

The title hindged on the all important grand final, and with the grid packed, it was set to be an epic race.

I think it was about halfway through the race, that Dave hit trouble, and he was out of the points paying positions. Tosh however, was driving a steady race, and with crossing the line in 6th, and Dave failing to score, it meant that Tosh had won the Winter Series Points title.

Well done to Tosh on replacing Drumbstick as the champion. He was consistan at every meeting.

Congratulations to must go to Dave as well. It not normal for a yellow top to up at the sharpe end, but with consistant performances, Dave more than held his own, so well done Dave as well.

Finally, congratulations to third place man Tom D. He managed to overturn a points deficit of his own to take third place from myself. Well done to Tom.

THE WINTER SERIES SHOOTOUT

After the meeting had finished, I quickly calculated the points so that the grid could be announced. The grid looked like this.

IN OUT

Row 1 ; 8 - 488

Row 2 ; 112 - 3

Row 3 ; 531 - 315

Row 4 ; 363 - 290

Row 5 ; 291 - 136

Row 6 ; 151 - 288

Row 7 ; 216 - 2

Row 8 ; 137 - 48

Row 9 ; 300 - 106

Row 10 ; 561 - 507

Row 11 ; 46 - 126

Row 12 ; 435 - 0

With one or two drivers not taking to the field, we were left with 18 cars on the grid.

The race was very hectic at the start with myself dropping well out of contention. Dazza and Michael were also early spinners in the race. As the race went on, first Marten and then Kruiz were spun out of the race. This left Tosh in the lead.

However, this was to change, as a collision with Leech saw Tosh out of the race.

TomD picked up the running, and took his first ever F1 UK Dirt title. He was followed home by Lee in second, and Walker in third.

Congratulations to TomD on becoming the 2009 Winter Series Shootout Champion.

RESULT: 112, 531, 363, 137, 315, 216, 2, 290, 3, 136

FINALLY......

Thanks goes out to evryone that has supported the Winter Series ths year. I do hope that you have enjoyed it, and that we will see you again in the new Season.

Remember..... the first meeting is........THURSDAY 12TH MARCH @ 8PM...........Buxton

Cheers

Johno

EDIT: Thanks also to Tosh for the action shots of pretty much every round. Superb stuff sir.

Edited by Johno3

first of all i would like to say a huge huge sorry to tosh for taking him out of the race by about to spin and turned right and clipped his back end :(... there is no way im going to get to grip with these things tbh :( so it will must prob be the first and last time i race the RF F1s.. well done to all winning and tomD for top point scoring

also would like to say sorry to all if i got in ant of your way, if i did i didnt mean too.

also sorry again tosh! :(:(:(:(:(:(

Craig

Thanks for the meeting johno well run as usuall,

i have to disagree with you on the wording collision as leech will explain.

lap downed out of the lead in the shootout by a brainless idiot is no fun at all..

anyway wd tom and thanks to the guys that did move out of the way in the shoot out , cheers :appl:

Edited by tosh874

Considering I felt i had an absolutely cack night, to finish just 15 points from the top scorer without having a decent finish has cheered me up a little.

Great racing with Marten once again, thanks to Johno for running it, and to all winners over the series

Dazza

Great Racing tonight, hard but fair.

Especially a couple of good races with Dazza, and the closing stages of the final was great to.

Except for Kruiz pulling away the last two laps lol.

Wd Tosh for winning the series, shame you had your chance for the shoot out taken from you like that.

But wd Tom for winning the shoot out.

Especially a couple of good races with Dazza, and the closing stages of the final was great to.

Except for Kruiz pulling away the last two laps lol.

Aye was good watching you Lee and Speedtech battling with each other for the lead for he last 5 or 6 laps. All I had to do was time my punt right and floor it away lol. Very surprised to have won that as its probably my worst track we regularly visit and I wasn't getting a feel for it all night long, I think thats what you call out of practise, or everyones been improving and left me behind.

It was a good meeting though some good racing in parts, Well done Tosh for winning the points and Tom although a lucky winner deserving one too I think.

As for Leech, well.. what a way to introduce yourself to rfactor F1, take out the leader in the biggest race of the winter series from a lap down. I'm not exactly sure where this spin that you were on about, I see no spin, or brakes, or turning really.. I'm sure you didn't mean to take him out but that almost what it looks like on my replay.

Incompetence on the highest level.

Hopefully see you all for the start of the season for the only track I go worse at than NIR - Buxton, MoR will be needing to keep a fairly close eye on his mirror, so watch out for that ;)

Cheers

Kruiz

Well first of thanks very much for the meeting and the complete winter series been some great racing :thumbs_up:

WD Tosh on the points title drove well all of the winter series.

Well happy bout my results last nite and tonight wanted row 2 inside lol better than outside eh Johno lol. Had some great racing with Sybe and then with Mike in the final.

I am really happy to win the Winter Series Shootout but was not a fair result for Tosh with him being taken out after Me and Tosh had pulled out a big lead and thanks to the chaps that pulled over thanks very much guys :2:

Would of been a great finish but to win on a PAD lol even better. P.S. Sorry Johno becasue it was my car you clipped when you spun in the Shootout.

Thanks for all the WD's chaps

Also thanks for all off the pictures you have taken over the series Tosh :appl:

Cheers Tom :thumbup:

Edited by tommyd

MoR will be needing to keep a fairly close eye on his mirror, so watch out for that ;)

You obviously have a shorter memory than me Kruiz - you've been a marked man ever since the Trust Fund and CoC races back in November ;)

What a meeting. It had everything from bumper action,spins,lots of hits and much much more. Well over the moon with 19 points and with another win in one of the heats. Over the moon with 3rd in the winter shoot out as I seem to be getting quick meeting by meeting.

Well done to tom on the winter series shootout win but feel sorry for tosh as he worked so hard to lead the race and was doing well until leech took him out from a lap down. There is a brake leech :shrug: . I dont beleive for one second you never meant it. This is what really annoys me,why do folk have to lap down the leaders sometimes,honestly :banghead2: Anyway I aint adding more fuel to the fire.

Roll on the 2009 season :thumbup:

Thanks Walker

Edited by Walker363

I was thinking going into the shootout, why is leech even involved in it, he has nothing to loose when he races tonight so anything can happen to him/others. And the obvious happened....

Hate to say it but it looks as if you made no attempt to take the bend? if i also remember correctly you got told by numerous people to either stay wide when being lapped/more than 1 lap down or at the worst cases, pull over.

You seemed to do neither, punted me on atleast twice from a decent position and then to top it off you took Tosh out.

Commiserations Tosh for the shoot out, But a big well done on the points title.

Well done Tom D, drove a blinding race and throroughly enjoyed watching you catch Tosh and was looking forward to the fight that looked was about to happen untill it was cut short.

Just my bit, well done johno, loved the meetings youve done. Keep it up.

MoR will be needing to keep a fairly close eye on his mirror, so watch out for that ;)

You obviously have a shorter memory than me Kruiz - you've been a marked man ever since the Trust Fund and CoC races back in November ;)

Your right, I don't remember either race lol replays anyone?

first of all thanks to johno for a well run meeting, hope you continue running em for the new season

as i have said before staying in the server is an excellant idea imo.

Well dones go out to all winners especially walker whoes on a roll, kruiz for the win in the final which i thought could of been any of the top 5 with 1 lap to go, Tosh for winning the winter series and tomd for been in the right position at the right time to take the shoot-out.

I personnaly messed up big time in my heats didnt even get round the first corner in 1, these f1s have got so much power after racing f2s for the last week and take some getting used to.

i was happy with final a bit more speed/tech and i could of been in with a shout. Also chuffed to make some places up in the shootout.

1 or 2 OTT hits last night i thought but hey thats life not complaining too much ( i know who you are TBC), as for leechs defence i havnt seen a replay or the tosh incident myself so not for me to comment, but when ever i came to lap him he moved over and drove fair for me.

cheers speedtech.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..