Resignation

At the start of November 2008 I made all the head admins aware that I wished to resign my position as Forum Administrator with effect from March 2009. Well we're here and I'd like to take this opportunity to let you know what will be happening over the coming weeks.

First of all the forum will be moved from my website/webspace to some newly acquired webspace. This will take place next weekend (7th & 8th March). There is a lot of data to transfer so it will most likely take two days. Once this is complete you will need to change your bookmarks as there will be a new url. I will make this available to you all once the transfer has been completed. This forum will be made read-only and will be deleted the following weekend when the hosting runs out.

Second, there will be a transition period where I will stay on as a full admin member for a period of three months to help with any issues there may be with the forum. I will no longer be taking part in any of the discussions or having any input to making any decisions. Any changes you need to request with regards to the forum should be directed towards any other head admin and I'm sure things will get sorted.

Finally, I will be staying on as a second tier admin for both F1 leagues for at least this season. Beyond that, who knows!

I've been a full admin member since April 2003 and been running the forum since December 2004. There's no specific reason for my resignation; I just think its time to move on and let somebody else help run the UKDirt leagues. That just leaves me to say thanks for having me and to give my best wishes to the remaining admin team members. Let's hope UKDirt goes from strength to strength.

very sad news, thanks for everything, would you pay us a visit in bangers one night so we can thank you properly? Good luck for the future!

Thanks for all the hard work and organising you have done over the years Kevin. The ammount of time you have put into UK Dirt must seem like forever. I must say you have done a brilliant job on this site and also with all the stats on the Uk Dirt site.

Maybe you can now just race and have fun without any pressures of running the forum.

Happy Retirement Kevin :2:

Thanks for all the excellent work Kev! I remember after the downtime we had over at racesimcentral you kindly stepped in with what we thought was a temporary forum, and look what a beast it has become! Over those 4 years its ran brilliantly, hosted some great features and very very rarely had any technical hitches/downtime! And thanks for the admin work as well; in my years as an F1 admin, you were always the firm foundations of the team and always there to help, especially when I was messing up with points calculations in some of my first (and last) RMing meetings! :rofl:

Thanks again!

Don't go saying goodbye to him too much. If he thinks that his Admin time is going to become easier, then he better think again as I am going to be working him to his very core now in F1!! :rofl:

Seriously, thanks for all your hard work Kev wit the forum. You have done a sensational job with it and will be sorely missed I am sure.

But remember sir, you aint leaving Admin altogether - as I said, your my right hand man, and you dont get to leave F1 for more than a season!!

Cheers

Johno

Sad news, although i don't race ukdirt anymore i usually read this forum every day. I've never spoken to you in any way as in my time i only did bangers, but i can remember the old forum when it went down and this popped up. Thanks for all the hard work you've put in.

All the best.

Kev,

I only came back on this forum today after a very long time away, busy with kids and racing in real life....but If it were not for you doing what you've done for UK Dirt over the past 6 years then some would have struggled, myself included when I was Admin! Maybe one day I will return to the leagues, just need to find some time lol

Thanks for everything Kevin.... We couldn't have had anyone better, Hope to see you on track soon,

BLIMEY...... about time i see that 105 car back on track, still have some green paint on my bumper i'd like to refresh... ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..