Cowdie server

Pusher_2

I have just been into R factor and the skeggy has been removed but it now says no tracks avavilable.

I also realise I posted the message under F2 heat instead of F2 Rfactor, my mistake sorry.

Is it just me?

I know that Aub has restarted the server at least 4 times but I get the message NO GAME DATA when I type in the 91.192.210.92 server?

If I put in 91.192.210.91 I get the uk dirt F1 Ok

can someone help or are we experiencing the same issue?

i get this a lot as well pusher - just have to keep trying till it comes up i find. dont know why it does it though? perhaps the powers that be know?

doh, the reply listed below is with regard to matchmaker.....i cant answer pushers query specifically re: using direct connect to server but i've never had a problem finding servers with direct connect, including ukdirts, but the connection data is part of the game itself, not the mod....if anything it may be a server issue, but this could only really be diagnosed by swapping the mods around on the servers.

anyway, regarding using the rf matchmaker list to find servers;

the powers that be are all busy, i'll answer instead :D - there is a line in the .plr file that relates to the number of visible servers in your matchmaker list in game - i'll post the line when i get home tonight so you can increase the number of visible servers, therefore the ukdirt servers should appear on first or second clicks (i think the rf matchmaker lists the servers by ping, so all of the empty servers showing 0 ping will get on the list, populated servers that are showing a ping figure get pushed down, so enabling more servers in your list blah blah etc etc)

i'll post the details tonight :)

Edited by wrighty496

.......there is a line in the .plr file that relates to the number of visible servers in your matchmaker list in game - i'll post the line when i get home tonight so you can increase the number of visible servers, therefore the ukdirt servers should appear on first or second clicks.....

apologies, it's in your multiplayer config file:

Concurrent Server Updates="600" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)

the default is 400, try increasing to 600 to see more servers in your matchmaker :thumbs_up:

I must have tried to connect well over 50 times but it still says no game available>

I have Cowdie 1.1 installed.

I tried to find the multiplayer config file in the program file / rfactor but without any luck.

I have sent you a PM also wrighty

I must have tried to connect well over 50 times but it still says no game available>

I have Cowdie 1.1 installed.

I tried to find the multiplayer config file in the program file / rfactor but without any luck.

I have sent you a PM also wrighty

lol i will reset the server then again lol

.......there is a line in the .plr file that relates to the number of visible servers in your matchmaker list in game - i'll post the line when i get home tonight so you can increase the number of visible servers, therefore the ukdirt servers should appear on first or second clicks.....

apologies, it's in your multiplayer config file:

Concurrent Server Updates="600" // servers in join list, should be less for modem users, more for broadband (game now automatically finds more if (3 * download_kbps) exceeds this number)

the default is 400, try increasing to 600 to see more servers in your matchmaker :thumbs_up:

hi wrighty anychance you could post a screen shot of the line your on about. Tried looking like 100 times but can't find it. No doubt my eye sight going bad :rolleyes:

hi wrighty anychance you could post a screen shot of the line your on about. Tried looking like 100 times but can't find it. No doubt my eye sight going bad :rolleyes:

sorry walker, just seen the post now, i willdo when i get home tonight m8

Well after a week long battle trying everything possible I now can access the .92 server for the Cowdie track. I think it would be good to post the way we got it resolved for anyone else that may have had a problem in the past.

Firstly I would like to thank Aub and especially Wrightly for their time in helping me fault find and resolve the issue. THANKS GUYS

Problem Solving:

FYI I am runing Rfactor on a wireless laptop on Orange network with VIsta.

The problem started when I the skeggy F2 track was changed to Cowdie, I was trying to access in the normal way thrrough the blue button in the server listing and typing in the server number. For some reason it kept saying no game available. yet if I put in F1 server i.e. .91 I got the UKdirt ok.

Aub reset the server at least 4 or 5 times that I am aware of and with the help of the guys I tied the following.

Un-installing and re-installing Cowdie 1.1

Connecting the laptop direct as opposed to wireless.

Trying out the sim stox servers on cowdie, (which again worked)

I tried to find the multiplayer log in program files rfactor but it was not there.

But below is what made the difference and now I can access the server through the matchmaker server list.

I went to computer Local disc C:

I searched using the word multiplayer then you can see the multiplayer configeration folder.

In that I changed the concurrent server settings (matchmaker) as shown by Wrightly in the screen shot reply above , from 400 to 999 not 600 (advised by wrighty to do this) and saved changes

I was also advised to change the line in the first section called net join timeout from 150 to 300 and saved changes.

I rebooted my laptop and refreshed the server list ion the game (green button) now I can see all the servers listed which includes the F2 server for F2 heat ( I narrowed down the search by clicking the circuit tab and looked for Cowdenbeath and sure enough the F2 server showed. I joined game from the list and it worked!!

i hope it may help some of you in the future and save Aub and Wrighty some heartache and time.

See you for praccy

Pusher

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..