Best Free Anti-virus Program ?

Jonnyboy295

Can anyone make any recommendations?

I was using EZ Antivirus, reformatted and wondered if there is anything better available?

1638[/snapback]

AVG 7 Free Edition is extremley good for me....

Cheers MoR

Guest Scrapman53

Had same as you JB, but it did let a few viruses in, so when I formatted at the weekend I tried AVG 7 from Grisoft and I'm happy with it so far.

PS. If you switch to AVG, make sure that you configure it to update and perform scans when you won't be racing online. I didn't and ended up with it doing an update in between races and got disco'd from Jolt, hitsfan.gif even with it all disabled in end it all. Sorted now though. thumbs_up.gif

Whilst we're on the subject of formatting, I've had to format again and have now got the problem of the messenger pop ups coming up. I know there's an easy fix, but I can't remember it. Anyone oblige?

Btw, had to format because a virus wasn't letting me get the updates for my Norton and eventually rendered it useless. Tried loading AVG, which loaded ok but couldn't get the updates there either. Seems to be ok after the format thankfully.

Guest Scrapman53
Whilst we're on the subject of formatting, I've had to format again and have now got the problem of the messenger pop ups coming up. I know there's an easy fix, but I can't remember it. Anyone oblige?

Btw, had to format because a virus wasn't letting me get the updates for my Norton and eventually rendered it useless. Tried loading AVG, which loaded ok but couldn't get the updates there either. Seems to be ok after the format thankfully.

1739[/snapback]

To stop Messenger for good manually.

Go to - start/control panel/performance & maintenance/services.

Scroll down to messenger and right click on it, then select stop.

Right click on it again and select properties.

In the box "select startup type" change to disabled then apply & ok. thumbs_up.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..