1300 or National Saloons?

Chewy102

Straight choice. Do you think 1300's or 2000's are the future of Saloon Stock Car Racing?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oval Racing News are currently running a text poll on the future of Saloon Stock Car Racing.

At all tarmac tracks in the UK, National Saloons (the  2litre variety) have struggled to turnout reasonable grids for domestic meetings. The old chestnut of 1300 saloons being a viable alternative has been raised again and ORN wants to know the fans feelings on this.

As one of the most 'cosmopolitan' stock car forums around I'd like to give ukdirters the opportunity to vote too. Once the text voting has closed at the end of June, I'll add the two polls together and let you know the overall results.

Poll runs throughout June for inclusion in a July issue of ORN.

If anyone wants to link this poll from other forums / websites please feel free.

So simply put, the question is do you think that the tracks that race National Saloons should struggle on in the hope that 2 litre Saloons will pick up or do they change over to Spedeworth/PRI style 1300's?

Edited by Chewy102

only seen 1300 twice but i thought they were jus too small and slow in comparison to ssc but maybe thats jus cos i see the ssc at the best track for them (smeatharpe  thumbup.gif )

ill go see ssc over 1300 any day

1300's i prefer because i race them meself, PRI Style , cant handle spedeworth cos im only 16    king.gif  lol!!!

maybe because when the ssc are at Arena its only 1 meeting and they are more like hot rods to watch.

Edited by knobby_536

Guest Scrapman53

I've watched Saloons for 31 years now. But last year I started saying "get rid of these at Cowdie and get 1300s". This year they and F2s are the main reason I only go to Cowdie once in a blue moon now. "HOTRODS WITH BUMPERS. GET RID"

On a good day there's nothing better than 2ltr Saloons but unfortunatly good days are few and far between and at Cowdenbeath they are in the long distant past.

Superbowl last year was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

It's not anyones fault. It's just a natural progression.

I admit i only see 1300s at Spedeweekend and Banger world final night but i'd like to see them given a try.

I don't remeber the last time I saw 2lt's run but then again i'm a southerner and don't travel north that much.

the 1300's do lack numbers at certain tracks but they allways provide good entertainment. 

Knobby you need to get your a*** to a spedeworth track and get stuck in biggrin.gif none of this PRI c*** tongue.gif

Edited by FireStorm

8 cars for the 2nd heat and the final at Cowdie last night can't be good news...

Latest reports from Skegness suggest saloons are on their knees as an entertainment  3.gif

Personally I wish there was some magic formula for revitalising the 'BIG' saloons as on their day there's nothing that can compete with them for getting the crowd on their toes.

The ssc final at smeatharpe at the f2 british qualifiers was awsome as ever with the 2 heats being jus as entertaining, every ssc meeting this year at smetharpe has been full of action even tho booking are usualy around 15 cars (bout 10 being reds or champions tho  thumbup.gif ) the problem isnt with ssc but with the tracks all flat tracks seem to produce great saloon racing but lots of track are banked ovals these day  thumbs_down.gif 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..