Hednesford Results

Johno3

Hello Guys,

First of all, thanks to everyone that raced tonight. It certainly was a chaotic meeting.

Thanks very much to Kev for being the steward for the evening.

Onto the meeting, and it is a big well doen to Ironmac, who took another final win, and is certainly making head roads in the world championship points chart. Congratualtions to Munis on being the top scorer on the night. EDIT: Sorry Munis, you just missed out of being top scorer - I forgot to give Ironmac double points.

Results:

Heat 1: 527 363 17 16 2 365 188 137 561 3

Heat 2: 288 561 531 2 136 8 391 365 221 11

Heat 3: 363 16 17 531 391 11 112 3 136 137

A-Final: 288 363 531 112 17 11 561 3 16 221

GN 1: 17 11 561 527 531 137 365 2 288 112

39 pts 288 Ironmac

38 pts 17 Munis

36 pts 531 Lee

35 pts 363 Walker

27 pts 561 Murf

26 pts 11 Chevy

20 pts 112 TomD

18 pts 16 JK

16 pts 527 Fasttrack

13 pts 2 Michael

10 pts 3 Johno

9 pts 365 Trav

8 pts 137 MoR

6 pts 391 Corny

5 pts 221 Spike

5 pts 136 Kruiz

3 pts 8 Tosh

2 pts 188 Aub

0 pts 52 Kev

0 pts 315 Mike

0 pts 323 Madcowie

I think at times, the meeting got a little heated. I think it is fair to say that the reds certainly are not working together, and with the large amount of them, it certainly makes the racing tough.

Wilst personally I do like to work together and race, I see the problem more being the number of people that use to curb to hit people. At every track now we have a curb, or rumble strips, and people are starting to use these to hit people. Nw whilst I think it would be hard to punish people for using them on issolated incidents, I think that perhaps we need to punish people for excessive use of the curbs to hit people. What this does is t-bone drivers, and then they get really heated up and then hard hits start going in. I am afraid I find myself diving at someone tonight because I was getting annoyed at this, and I consider myself quite a plasid driver that doesnt react to too much. What do you guys think? Something worth looking at?

I think that the racing has been good this year, and last night was superb, and perhaps this was just a issolated night in your peoples eyes, but lets remember, this season has been good, with winners coming from all over the grid. Let's make sure we try to stay positive, and perhaps along the way, tweak a few things to make the racing even better.

Cheers

Johno

Edited by Johno3

I would say easily the worst meeting of the year for me, didn't really enjoy it at all apart from heat 3, but it was all for the wrong end of the positions, on a night I really had to do well. Numbers noted, revenge next week back to shale where I can hold my own. :)

Edited by Kruiz 136

For me the best meeting Ive had to date. Was lucky in the GN wasnt going to go for last bender on chevvy but he went wide so just snuck under for the win. Ref. johno's post i seen a lot of that corner cutting for bit hits. especially in the final which is a shame.

I was just happy that i didnt get taken out this meeting which was a first.

See you all at the next meeting and a big thanks to the admin for running a good fast meeting as per usual

Munis NZ17

Johno - You have me down as attending the meeting and scored zero points - but I booked out prior to the meeting started on the bookings thread.

Good racing, even if it was a bit excessive at times, had some good battles with people in certain races. The higlight of it all being me and Kruiz going at it for a few laps constantly swapping places. That to me showed if you give one driver respect he will give it back.

Now im not picking you out here from the bunch tom, but i saw you on the first 2 or so laps just going flat out through the back of someone, now i dont know whether you had issued with them people or it was me being a bit over wary but i have also experience some lets say... over excessive contact from you. I am not saying to sort it or anything, just letting you know i wasnt the only one to feel an aftershock or take note of it.

As for the hits etc, yes it would be harsh but i feel it needs to be done johno, either that or buckle up on over excessive contact? as i see it happens and nothing gets done. Also i feel you were right in reacting the way you did, im sure many others would aswell, rear wheel shots going into the bend arent exactly the best hit to receive.

Sorry Mav, I dont tend to take drivers off until the end, and I forgot in this case. And JK, I forgot to add you onto the sheet.

It's not been a good night for me and excel - I drop the ball I think in terms of the National Series by not including peoples jokers, so Ineed to tweak that too.

I will sort it all out tomorrow night.

Cheers

Johno

Good racing, even if it was a bit excessive at times, had some good battles with people in certain races. The higlight of it all being me and Kruiz going at it for a few laps constantly swapping places. That to me showed if you give one driver respect he will give it back.

Now im not picking you out here from the bunch tom, but i saw you on the first 2 or so laps just going flat out through the back of someone, now i dont know whether you had issued with them people or it was me being a bit over wary but i have also experience some lets say... over excessive contact from you. I am not saying to sort it or anything, just letting you know i wasnt the only one to feel an aftershock or take note of it.

As for the hits etc, yes it would be harsh but i feel it needs to be done johno, either that or buckle up on over excessive contact? as i see it happens and nothing gets done. Also i feel you were right in reacting the way you did, im sure many others would aswell, rear wheel shots going into the bend arent exactly the best hit to receive.

Nor are ones from a lap down :thumbup::rofl:

Tom has always been like that Lee, he is the new "Spudspeed" with a few others not too far behind - I am sure people will not tolerate it for much longer before they return the hits and it will happen at the worst time ie Championships. Mike had that situation earlier this season but Allstar didn't do a good job of it :o:rofl:

The core of rFactor drivers are making this series a great one to "Race" in but a few are taking a different approach to the racing and its standing out. What they are doing isn't necessarily wrong but what it does seem to be is "Unsportsmanlike" to the majority. I don't have the answer to the age old problem, but my thoughts are the more people that actually "Race" in rFactor, the more I am sure they will find it rewarding - but there will always be those who find it rewarding driving in a different manner. If you don't believe in the alternate driving manner, please do not resort to their kind of driving, stick to what you believe in and let Admin deal with any problems, if any, that arise from it. Overall try and give enjoyment to others as you would wish them to give to you and you WILL see the rewards of this fantastic mod. :thumbs_up:

Great read in the post above. I am no Angel however this meeting If i was on the 2nd row or worse at start i didnt push straight away and tried to just enjoy the meeting and not get strung up when people hit me. I think the results speek for themselves. I wont name people whom I feel are over the top on more than 1 occasion. but 1 thing ive noticed is that some people if behind a group of 2 or more will pummle the car infront so that the domino effect happens. the loosing car being the 1 infront will target the car behind them and "pay them back" when in all fact they were mearly a pinball.

Race hard but fair and all should be good :)

Top post Mav, that does seem to be the problem sometimes, one or two drivers hit everything in front of them causing chaos and everyone follows suit leading to a very frustrating nights racing. But what to do with the ones who can't race 'gentlemanly' like the rest? Let them go past and win? Or take them out which is quite hypocritical. Well I'm not forgiving kind..

Edited by Kruiz 136

Thanks johno for the meeting.

Well over the moon with 35 points as I always seem to go well at hednesford. Hoping that secures me a row 2 start in the second semi final. On to my thoughts on how the meeting went. I thought the racing was brilliant from my point of view and where I was racing. Yeah crashes at times but that is bound to happen. I admit did hit the car in front in the final when I hit murf but never meant for him and Fast track to get caught up so I appoligise lads for that.

I admit I do hit a bit hard at times but never with the intention to put folk in the wall or spin them. Just a wee push wide that is all but if I feel it is very hard then I appoligise. My attitude is if you race your fellow racers with respect you get respect back. BUT you don't get it by firing folk all guns blazing.

Your post is spot on as well mav :thumbs_up:

Nor are ones from a lap down :thumbup::rofl:

Tom has always been like that Lee, he is the new "Spudspeed" with a few others not too far behind - I am sure people will not tolerate it for much longer before they return the hits and it will happen at the worst time ie Championships. Mike had that situation earlier this season but Allstar didn't do a good job of it :o:rofl:

The core of rFactor drivers are making this series a great one to "Race" in but a few are taking a different approach to the racing and its standing out. What they are doing isn't necessarily wrong but what it does seem to be is "Unsportsmanlike" to the majority. I don't have the answer to the age old problem, but my thoughts are the more people that actually "Race" in rFactor, the more I am sure they will find it rewarding - but there will always be those who find it rewarding driving in a different manner. If you don't believe in the alternate driving manner, please do not resort to their kind of driving, stick to what you believe in and let Admin deal with any problems, if any, that arise from it. Overall try and give enjoyment to others as you would wish them to give to you and you WILL see the rewards of this fantastic mod. :thumbs_up:

This is not just a problem in 1s, its the same drivers across all mods. No matter what you say to them they never listen until one day it clicks. But even when this happens there is already someone waiting in the wings to take over :shrug:

Edited by drumbstick

Wilst personally I do like to work together and race, I see the problem more being the number of people that use to curb to hit people. At every track now we have a curb, or rumble strips, and people are starting to use these to hit people. Nw whilst I think it would be hard to punish people for using them on issolated incidents, I think that perhaps we need to punish people for excessive use of the curbs to hit people. What this does is t-bone drivers, and then they get really heated up and then hard hits start going in. I am afraid I find myself diving at someone tonight because I was getting annoyed at this, and I consider myself quite a plasid driver that doesnt react to too much. What do you guys think? Something worth looking at?

I did say about contact at the start of the season, on two occaisions i think! But nothing got done and after wednesday i could see it was still the same old attitude from msot people. Won't be rushing back as i dont think its how proper racing should be, after all it isnt bangers where if you want to win completely taking out your opponent is one of the best ways to do it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..