Wimbledon Results

Johno3

Hello Guys,

First of all, thanks to everyone that raced tonight, and to Kev for stewarding the races as always.

It seems that the break has done Dazza the power of good, as he motored to a heat and final double. It was a shame that car numbers were down, but the racing was still good.

Results:

Heat 1: 531 2 290 365 136 3 323 391 112 561

Heat 2: 290 2 221 136 3 531 391 561 137 112

A-Final: 290 2 137 3 531 136 112 363 323 391

GN 1: 2 221 3 112 391 365 323 531 136 363

46 pts 2 Michael

39 pts 290 Dazza

32 pts 3 Johno

29 pts 531 Lee

24 pts 136 Kruiz

20 pts 112 Tom D

19 pts 137 MoR

16 pts 221 Spike

14 pts 391 Corny

13 pts 323 madcowie

11 pts 365 travel

10 pts 363 razza

2 pts 561 Murf

0 pts 527 fast track

0 pts 16 JK

0 pts 288 Ironmac

Thanks once again to everyone that raced tonight.

NEXT WEEK IS ANOTHER RFACTOR DOUBLE HEADER - WITH THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING ROUND AT SKEGNESS STARTING AT 8PM, AND A NATIONAL SERIES ROUND AT KINGS LYNN STARTING AT 9:30PM.

Unfortunately, I will be around for neither meeting, but I am sure anyone of our admin team will be happy to help you should you have any problems on the night.

Finally, I know a few of you thought that the white line rule was harsh, but do you think that it improved the racing?

Over the weeks, we have noticed nerfing into the corner becoming a bigger issue, and we are thinking of implementing something at all tracks. It will basically punish drivers for excessive use of the curbs to hit people. We fully accept that sometimes we all use the curb, but we just wodner if it is becoming a little too much. What are you thoughts on the issue? Are we being too harsh?

CAN I JUST STATE - THIS IS NOT COMING INTO AFFECT YET - AND I AM JUST ASKING FOR YOUR THOUGHTS.

Cheers

Johno

Altho i left the meet early i must agree that nerfing into corners has been a pain recently and the attempts to cut it out last nite were justified but in general i think the tracks could benefit from a little modifications, i no it takes away a little of the realism but if it improves the racing it must be for the better imo. As for last nites meet i found myself racing the white line and not other ppl i was trying hard not to cross the white line on entry but my setup tipped the front in to the turn and i constantly found myself braking really hard and squirming all over trying not to cross it. After 2 hts and the final id had enuf lol but i think another set or two sets of tires inbetween the existing ones would be enuf to prevent corner cutting at wimbo anyway, Just my thoughts.

Wd dazza on the final/ht double

Edited by Ironmac_288

Some brilliant racing due to the new rule we trialled last night, hope it stays is a cert from me.

Gratz Daz on the final/heat wins, maybe you wont fight me for the back row of the reds then :)

I think the quality of the racing was better as a whole, as people wasnt drifting wide to put eachother on the posts, or over the top dives coming into corners,the racing "etticate" was top notch for such a tricky little track, not to do with the white line rule as I think that was a little harsh... I spent my first heat trying not to get to close to the line, rather than keeping an eye on the race.. I like to drive as tight as possible to the inside at all tracks, and my racing line at the current Wimbeldon is hanging the inside wheel just inside the line on entry, letting the rear hang out a touch, getting as close as possible to the tyre, stepping back on the loud pedal, and follow the white line with the inside wheel all the way out the corner... I dont see that as corner cutting, but if you dive up the inside disregarding the white line then that is obviously punishable and the two shouldnt be tied together... Use the white line but dont abuse it!!! :steeringwheel:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..