new 654 saloon

timmy667

As I was reliably informed by a GMP scrutineer (Hi Andy 042.gif ) Robin's bumper is actually six inches within the rules, so I think it's definitely the rules for front and back bumper heights that need looked at. Surely they should be much the same height. Hope the head isn't too bad Soaps.

Guest Scrapman53

Why not make the bumpers the same on the back as the front? Or even the back steelwork like a front bumper style inside the car against the back panel with the single bar outside? I bought a car from Paul Licorice in the early 90s that was built like this at the back and always thought it was better, safer and stronger than the back ends they have on them now. When you looked inside the car towards the back, there was a bar going from side to side joining the top straight thru and one joining the bottom ones, with vertical bars joining the 2 together. The rear bumper was just an extension from the bottom one. The distance form the top to bottom bars was at least 12" so sureley this would make a decent area to hit without going under (wrecking an engine) or going over (possibly bursting a fuel tank).

Front bumper is well within the rules and definately higher than the likes of Dave Aldous etc. My back bumper is also an inch higher than it needs to be and has been checked every time as the car is low.

If i had hit any other car in the track there would of been no problem, the 241 car is the only one i've ever seen that has gone for the higher limit rather than the lower limit as everyone else has. And i was told by the scrutineers at taunton its legal by 1/2" not 6".  It also went up more and across after we all crashed so hopefully he'll make it so that it can't happen again.

The rules need looking at, cause smashing engines up is not cheap

Surley the back bumper rules should be lowered abit. If he's under breaking the back ends going to be sitting higher. So if he's 1/2" within the rules that will take it up and above the set hight under breaking? Meaning when you go in your going to go under his bumper as its now not in the rules height for the back bumper. But then is there really any need to have your back bumper so high? no advantage is there

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..