Johno3

BIRMINGHAM WHEELS STADIUM PRESENTS

'THE SECOND WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI FINAL'

THURSDAY 13TH AUGUST 2009

START TIME: 8:30PM

post-189-1250118246.jpg

post-189-1250118217.jpg

Hello Guys,

First of all, can I give you a quick reminder that tomorrow’ meeting starts at 8:30pm, and not 8pm. All meetings on Thursdays (that are solus) will start at 8:30pm.

Anyway, tomorrow sees the second world championship semi final, and as I am in the race, I have asked Dazza if he would kindly do a little bit of a write up for you.

The first world championship semi final of course was won by TomD #112, and was a real battle in the early laps of the race. What was interesting is that the main contenders for the World Title, with the exception of Michael #2 who slipped down the field after a spin early on, decided not to fight with each other too much. This left Dazza #290 in a comfortable second position, with MoR #137 third. Interestingly, starting on the forth row for the World Final will be the defending champion Hutch #331. After racing 1 qualifying round at the end of last season, he decided to race his semi final, and took a fine forth position. No one has won a UK Dirt F1 World Final more than once, let alone defend it, so perhaps Hutch maybe the first one to do so.

Anyway, back to tomorrow night, and it is set to be a fantastic race, with majority of the drivers qualified set to be on the grid. It will be interesting to see if the race is as intense as it was at Coventry in the early laps, or with it being tarmac, perhaps the drivers will settle down a little sooner.

Anyway, onto the preview....... thanks once again to Dazza for the superb write up.

The 2nd Semi Final of the 2009 rFactor season has seen a late flurry of bookings, which pleasingly has boosted the grid. Here’s a quick rundown on the drivers in the race.

136 Kruiz

Kruiz has had a very good start to the year, a superstar all season proving his consistency. Will probably be pleased to start in pole position for this one and a good start may see him hard to catch. Hasn’t raced as often as he would have liked lately though so may not be ‘race fit’ which could allow some others to take advantage. Still a good bet to finish in a high position.

363 Walker

Another driver who will be pleased to start on the front row is Walker, who is having a very good season from the blue grade. Walker will start this semi as a driver who is expected to finish in a decent position, which should be manageable going on recent performances, and again, a good start could see Walker fighting for the win.

3 Johno

For me, Johno is going to be the driver to watch in this Semi final. Has recently seen some real pace which could play into his inside row 2 slot here, as a big push into the first bend could see him with some open track. Johno is also a lot more consistent then people give him credit for, and therefore is going to my tip for the win.

315 Mike

Uk Open champ Mike will be happy to start on row 3, despite having a bit of an up and down season. You can guarantee that Mike will fancy his chances at Birmingham, and not being shy of the bumper could see him shoot up the grid with ease. I expect Mike to get a good finish here, and maybe another driver to watch.

11 Chevy

Chevy will be really pleased to start on row 4 here, and is a driver who can more then hold his own when drivers are are in front and behind. Chevy may not be the quickest but certainly has a racing head on which will almost definitely see him qualify in a good position for the world final.

365 Trav

Veteran Trav is another driver who is guaranteed a place on the grid, providing he doesn’t lose heart and keeps going. Has definitely gone from strength to strength this year in rFactor, which is proven by his 6 wins this year. Trav is getting faster and faster and will probably be pleased his Semi Final is on tarmac.

188 Aub

Aub, should in my opinion, be one of the top stars of the league, but the current British Champion has been inconsistent this year with a points average lower then some yellow graded drivers. Aub however is sometimes a very hard man to catch and pass if hes in the right mood, and I expect him to get further up the grid then his starting position.

488 Dave

Dave started the year as one of the men to watch in the season with some decent results in the Winter Series, but has failed to successfully change all of the initial promise into full potential. Similar to Aub is quick on his day, and again will be looking for a good finish on a track he will probably be looking forward to racing on.

300 Matty

Yellow man Matty is another driver who has not quite managed to convert his full race potential. Matty will qualify for the main race this year from his Semi im sure, but it will be up to him to get the bumper in early on if its to be higher up the grid then his starting position.

527 Fast Track

Maybe surprised to start ahead of some of his rivals in the Semi race as he is lower then a few in his National Points position. Has picked up a couple of race wins this year from the front of the grid, and will have to fight hard to get through the pack in order to obtain a decent and guaranteed starting slot for the world.

221 Spike

As I have said before, Spike has improved hell of a lot throught the year, so maybe disappointed that a lot of his WQr meetings were at a time of a little inconsistency. However, the speed and race craft have improved that much he must be feeling confident of a decent finish, the ability is certainly there.

323 Cowie

Cowie is a lot better driver then his starting position may suggest and is only starting so far down the grid due to only making 3 starts at WQR meetings. Cowie does bring a fair turn of pace and will be looking early on to get up in amongst the higher positions, his race craft of being a red top may be the best thing to help him on his way.

515 Big Al

A true legend in the world of online F1 racing, Al will be more then pleased just to be on the grid. Has only done a handful of meetings this year so may be an outsider for a good finish but it would be great to see him qualify without having to go through the Consi race.

599 Harold

Harold is still getting to grips with rFactor abit, but recent weeks has seen in increase in speed for him which may allow him to get up the places a little. Again, it would be nice to see him on the grid at the first attempt, but it maybe difficult with some of the drivers ahead of him.

164 Jarry

Jarry will be looking for a good start here from the very back of the pack, and with a final under his belt this year it proves he has the skill to challenge for good positions. Again, it may be hard for him to pass drivers further up the field, but is more then capapble of giving us a surprise in the final result.

So there you go. Those are the drivers who are currently booked in to race, with more perhaps to follow. The race could be a classic, but at the same time, there is a chance that a driver in the front few rows could run off with the race.

Either way, be there at 8:30pm to find out!

Cheers

Johno & Dazza

EXTRA BOOKING: At the time of posting this, Hooty has booked in, and thus will take up his position on the grid.

Edited by Johno3

Well done kruiz well deserved win mate. I hope you win it mate you deserve it if you and no I am not licking kruiz a**e as some folk have said to me :shrug:

KRUIZ FOR GOLD :groupwave: :groupwave: :groupwave:

Edited by Walker363

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..