Sheffield Results / Points - 20/8

Kevin

The results were:

HEAT 1: 290, 137, 8, 531, 323, 112, 300, 136, 2, 363, 256, 3, 16, 188, 515, 527, 488, 495

HEAT 2: 8, 233, 256, 290, 365, 188, 136, 3, 363, 137, 531, 2, 323, 151, 495, 599 (dnf 112, 527)

HEAT 3 (CONSI SEMI): 16, 233, 365, 151, 300, 515 (dnf 488, 599)

GRAND FINAL: 112, 256, 2, 8, 323, 363, 531, 137, 136, 3, 599, 300, 365, 188, 527, 488 (dnf 515, 495, 151, 290, 16)

GN: 290, 2, 300, 256, 363, 3, 365, 531, 8, 112, 515, 488, 136, 151 (dnf 188, 137, 323, 599, 527, 495)

The points scored were:

Number .. Points

256 .. 34

8 .. 33 (NS SCORE = 66)

112 .. 32

2 .. 29

290 .. 25

363 .. 21

531 .. 19

323 .. 18

137 .. 16

300 .. 15

365 .. 15

233 .. 14

3 .. 11

136 .. 9

16 .. 8

151 .. 5

188 .. 3

515 .. 3

Zero: 488, 495, 527, 599

No Show: 17, 222

Congratulations to Tom (112) on his final win, Hooty (256) for top scoring. Also congratulations to the top 4 in the WC Consolation Semi-Final as they have qualified for the back of the WF grid in September.

Next week is Ipswich on WEDNESDAY and Baarlo Long (Long Track Championship) on THURSDAY

See you there

First of all, thanks to Kev for the meeting - superbly run as always.

Well done to TomD on taking the final, well done to Hooty and being top scorer. Also nice to see Tosh scoring a good joker score - had I have known I may have let you go in the final :rofl:

A big well done to the top 4 in the consolation Semi Final.

Once again, I felt I was a little luckless tonight. Had some good breaks, only for someone to spin in front of me, or make one of mthose wrong choices as to which way to go. But, its racing, and I am sure it will change soon.

Anyway, exciting tarmac double next week, hope to see you all there again!!

Cheers

Johno

Thanks kev

Good night for me and well happy with 21 points. Just a shame I got moaned at for doing a last bender in the final but ah well. .

Was mainly the rear wheel though. Not going to argue just it was a big pathetic as it ended up taking not only me but Trav out aswell.

Edited by Lee

Have to echo Johno's sentiments here, must have run over a black cat recently.Last week i was well placed before Harold wiped me out by reversing across the home straight (seeing the pics again made me wince!) & in the consi semi Big Al grazed me into the tyres (dont worry big man not blaming you in any way it was just racing) & that meant no chance of being on the grid at KL. I was away in the meeting final with about 4 to go when wee dode reversed out of the fence on the home straight right in front of me (spookily close to where Harold wiped me out the week before).These things are disappointing, but im convinced luck evens itself out over the course of the season, & im sure one or two drivers have an axe to grind over my rejoins & general all-round amateurish driving.Good luck to all in the WF in any case, there's always next year for me! :thumbup:

Also nice to see Tosh scoring a good joker score - had I have known I may have let you go in the final :rofl:

haha, no problem at all johno , all part of the racing, as you know i like sheffield, i have won a few finals there, so was the right time to use i thought.

Excellant races with hooty all night. close and clean racing(hence our points talley) 1 point between us, another great battle with trav for 1st in one of the heats. couldnt shift the bugger for a ood few laps lol.

and a great move by mike on me on the last lap bend to pass me for 3rd in the final. :5:

66 points well happy with that.

cheers for the meeting kev/johno

Have to echo Johno's sentiments here, must have run over a black cat recently.Last week i was well placed before Harold wiped me out by reversing across the home straight (seeing the pics again made me wince!) & in the consi semi Big Al grazed me into the tyres (dont worry big man not blaming you in any way it was just racing) & that meant no chance of being on the grid at KL. I was away in the meeting final with about 4 to go when wee dode reversed out of the fence on the home straight right in front of me (spookily close to where Harold wiped me out the week before).These things are disappointing, but im convinced luck evens itself out over the course of the season, & im sure one or two drivers have an axe to grind over my rejoins & general all-round amateurish driving.Good luck to all in the WF in any case, there's always next year for me! :thumbup:

sorry about that done a wheel and hit a post and tried to reverse to the infeild to get out the way and you went round the back of me and i never seen you, wasnt meant just trying to get out the way instead if just sitting there....shame someone needs to spit there dummy and give me abuse :coffee:

sorry about that done a wheel and hit a post and tried to reverse to the infeild to get out the way and you went round the back of me and i never seen you, wasnt meant just trying to get out the way instead if just sitting there....shame someone needs to spit there dummy and give me abuse :coffee:

Do you have dictionaries in Scotland wee dode? Suggest you look up "Abuse"!

Theres a difference between abusing someone & simply stating the fact that you reversed in front of me & effectively ended my race. Cant you tell from the tone of my post that I wasnt abusing you or spitting the dummy out? I was lamenting my poor luck over the last two weeks.

Edited by matty

Theres a difference between abusing someone & simply stating the fact that you reversed in front of me & effectively ended my race. Cant you tell from the tone of my post that I wasnt abusing you or spitting the dummy out? I was lamenting my poor luck over the last two weeks.

wasnt aimed at you saying you spat your dummy...was aimed at trav.

oh and forgot to say in my post above it was not even aimed at you but at walker personally you reversing out the fence and getting matty helped me out as i got the lead only for dazza to hit the fence and hit him a lap later haha

Anybody able to put some or all of the replays up please?

I really enjoyed it, it's good to feel I can race shale as it's certainly trickier than tarmac.

I made one or two mistakes, the worst being overcooking it on the most difficult 4th bend which sent me into a car coming up the inside, sorry whoever that was.

I did my best in the Semi - it took a while before I was down in 4th, held onto that a bit but inevitably WeeDode got past, I knew I only had one chance next bend or he would be away and my chance of qualifying would almost certainly be gone so gave a harder hit than I would normally but no real surprise when it ended up spinning me while Dode seemed to handle it brilliantly - fair play to you m8 and the other three qualifiers. :appl:

Tried to give Trav a race in the GN and had a couple of good laps with him but ended up over-stretching myself and again messed things up. Good experience though. :thumbup:

I will certainly try and make at least one of the two meetings next week.

oh and forgot to say in my post above it was not even aimed at you but at walker personally you reversing out the fence and getting matty helped me out as i got the lead only for dazza to hit the fence and hit him a lap later haha

I wonder why it was aimed at me :rolleyes:

I did my best in the Semi - it took a while before I was down in 4th, held onto that a bit but inevitably WeeDode got past, I knew I only had one chance next bend or he would be away and my chance of qualifying would almost certainly be gone so gave a harder hit than I would normally but no real surprise when it ended up spinning me while Dode seemed to handle it brilliantly - fair play to you m8 and the other three qualifiers. :appl:

yeah you were going well mate and had to be careful when to pass since you werent the easiet to pass but fair play to you for trying the punt mate, drove well from what i say :appl:

and thanks kev for the replays

I made one or two mistakes, the worst being overcooking it on the most difficult 4th bend which sent me into a car coming up the inside, sorry whoever that was.

Lol that was me m8, no worries it happens, nice to see you getting to grips with the F1's! ;)

Lol that was me m8, no worries it happens, nice to see you getting to grips with the F1's! ;)

Typical I nail my skin painter - soz m8!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..