Formula 1 2010

Tosh924

McLaren announced the signing of reigning world champion Jenson Button on a multi-year deal that will see him partner 2008 title holder Lewis Hamilton next season.

button is est to be earning 6million. whilst hamilton is on a further 10 more (i think).

whats peoples views on this partnership next year, who should come out ontop, who would you like to see ontop out of the 2.

whilst brawn were streets ahead at the start of the 2009 season buttons driving was equally superb, whilst hamilton was struggling in a poor car. come end of the season the mclaren seemed to be edging the brawn car whilst button was falling behind in points stake as other cars got better.

what does this mean? could we see button perform better in an equally the same car as hamilton. or will hamiltons true ability shine?

2010 season is going to very interesting for these 2.

post-1117-1258745522.jpg

post-1117-1258745554.jpg

post-1117-1258745598.jpg

Button wont even get a look in if mclaren win the title it will be with hamilton not button. Lets not forget the new Ferrari drivers Alonso and Massa that line up is just as strong.

Also let us not forget Brawn/Merc Rosberg deffo has the pace to win races and ive heard that his team mate could well be some other german who has won the world title 7 times before....

read this...

Here

Edited by Aub

I cant see button being the same as he was with brawn to be honest - Hamilton has knowing/been involved with mclaren since he raced karts and since he entered formula one the team has revolved around him so I doubt button will be the main driver of the team.

On another note if michael schumacher does come back and races next season with brawn then brawn will be up there challenging again.

Button won't dominate, Ham has his feet far too far under the table for that to happen, but i think (if they have a decent car) they have the potential to dominate the season....Button as a driver has the measure of a lot of people on the current grid and i think he can nurse a car (no fuel stops, tyres only next season don't forget) better than Ham on their usual form*....

Having said all that, the prospect of Ham and Button in the macs, Alonso and Massa in the Ferraris, Vettel and Webber in the RBs and Rosberg + (insert your name here....if your name's Heidfeld....or Kimi lol) in the mercs is proper PROPER mouthwatering :D.....this might just be a fepic battle

*forgot to mention the potential spanner in the works, namely Anthony Hamilton.....i can see his point, he's dragged his boy from karts to the peak of motor racing but i really have grave concerns for the potential negative influence he could have on the team on behalf of his boy......who would you back in a fight? John Button or Anth Hamilton? :hitsfan:

Edited by wrighty496

A manager used to work at mclaren and is still in touch with alot of the guys there so gets told quite alot of info before it happens. Have known about button for a while now, and the schumacher to the new Mclaren team has been around just as long as the rumours started about mercedes buying brawn

Hamilton likes a car to oversteer, and button likes it to understeer. Now we all know its hard to make a car that can do both, well. So obviously one of them is going to suffer. You can bet your life they will build the car for Lewis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
McLaren looks the business!

If your business is poo then i agree lol its bloody awfull

Mon the M Schumacher :D

Its shinyness distracted me :scared15::rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..